Ford Forums banner

Intake pipe on a fairmont...

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  slodki 
#1 ·
Firstly, id like to say what a great forum you all have here! Very helpful indeed.

Now, to my question. I have a 95 Fairmont with the stock air piping. For those that dont know, its 1 pipe comming from the air box then it spilts into 2 just before the throttle body. I've heard from people that this design is ineffective as it restrics airflow, and hence power.

So i was wondering if it would be possible to change from this design to a single pipe design, and also wonder if it would really make a difference in power? If it is possible for me to change this piping could someone direct me to a place where i can buy this, and maybe give me a few pointers as well?

I'm just starting to get into this whole mechanical aspect of cars so i am very new to all of this, but hopefully i should learn alot pretty quickly.

So again, just wondering if i can change the stock air piping in my fairmont to a single pipe design, and where to get all of this from.

Sorry for the long post!

#2 ·
You can put on a BA airpipe with a little work.

#3 ·
#5 ·
i'm unsure on that, but i'd like to know too :D
i have LPG too and am considering the BA pipe, but is it worth it?

#7 ·
ok....but ive heard that with lpg, they use restricters to limit the amount of air mixing with the gas going into the engine, maybe for gas it is needed, but obviously when running on petrol its not needed and it will still restrict airflow. Im not too sure on this and the only way i guess is to have a look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.