Interior Water Leak - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2004, 00:04   #1 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Interior Water Leak

HI

Coming home tonight i noticed a trail of water coming from up in the dash into the floor wells of my car, i have never seen it do this before and it wasnt a Huge quantity of water but was still very notacable.

I wasnt raining an i had my climate st to 18 degrees .

The water is odourless and colourless so its not coolant. Its almost as if its condensation from the aircon water pipe (the one that flows outside and dumps to the ground)

Where the aircon goes from the eng. bay to the inside there is condensation all over the pipe

Any ideas where the water came from , im just hoping it dosent happen again

Im pretty sure its not a heater core leak

Thanks

Ash
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2004, 04:02   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: Interior Water Leak

Hi

I think you will find the evaporator sensor has fallen to the bottom of the evaporator so that water leaks out of the grommet on the side of the evaporator. Not a big problem but it is a bit of a fiddle to get a pearl catch or similar tool in through the grommet hole and lift the end of the sensor so that there is a drip loop inside the evaporator ( ie there is a downward U shape between the end of the sensor and where it exits through the grommet so the water goes to the bottom of this loop and drip into the evaporator and out through the firewall drain. Most dealers just seal up the gommet with a blob of matching black silastic. Also check the firewall drain is clear.
Old 01-08-2004, 14:08   #3 (permalink)
-

Where is the firewall drain located? Ive never been able to find it.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 14:16   #4 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

towards the engine on the passenger fire wall, quite low down, and it very short, i just pulle4d my whole dash air/con heater box apart ;0)

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 15:24   #5 (permalink)

What is a pearl catch tool -- never heard of it and approx where abouts is the evaparator
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
Old 01-08-2004, 15:37   #6 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

behind the glove box, where you see all the vacuum lines thing (coloured plastic pipes) just to the right of that is where it lives, and further to the right again aligned at a 45 dergree anngle behind the radio basiaclly is the heater, i am more than likely stripping the dash again this weekend (just convince the wife the car will be OK this time !!), call me an expert at this rate, anyone in Melb who wants help drop me a PM, and I will take some pic's for anyone who is interested, and make a tutorial me thinks.

Jason

Old 01-08-2004, 15:46   #7 (permalink)

I did the dash in my ea, it went well except a relay had bent pins and the tranny went to limp home for a week until i figured it out
Old 01-08-2004, 15:54   #8 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Well Green Light from my wife, to pull dash out this weekend, will charge battery up on the camera, and take some pics :0) , oh the joy of owning an old car and having an understanding better half.

Old 01-08-2004, 16:12   #9 (permalink)

Well the Firewall drain is clear, and i saw that water was still coming out of it last night so it cant be blocked. I think i will wait for it to happen again because i cant see s**t behind the glove box. And i dont fancy pulling the dash out of this car. if it happens again i will take it to ford and get them to have a look

Thanks
Ash
Old 01-09-2004, 05:05   #10 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

You wont need to pull the dash just remove all of the glovebox or if you know what you looking for and you are going to use the silastic solution just lay on the passenger side floor and with a torch put you hand up above the trans tunnel. Do you have a workshop manual as it is illustrated in most (though not labelled in all)?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech