Jim Mock - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 03:42   #1 (permalink)

Jim Mock

Where can i read or who can tell me bout the Dev packages and how much ? I have an EF XR6 are they worth the money? is there a web site for Jim Mock racing thanks guys
MelbXR6EF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2002, 03:51   #2 (permalink)

Hi,

I found this: http://www.autospeed.com/A_1274/P_1/article.html
hope it helps!
Catch ya later.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:20   #3 (permalink)

Thanks it was great ! If i do the dev 3 package to my xr6 with a 135 kw at the wheels what would i be keeping up with or beating ? would that beat any standard v8's like say a vs clubsport or standard xr8 ?
Old 12-04-2002, 19:24   #4 (permalink)
Tickford EL XR6

If you have a manual, you'll probably be good against anything with around 200 kW at the fly and a hunk of V8 iron up the front. Ford autos are too slow off the mark for my liking, so that'll hinder you a bit.
Tickford6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 19:43   #5 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

My Au V8 Forte was last measured with 132rwKw - but that was before the Pacemakers. It should now be around 140 or so. Still, 135 from a 6 is pretty good - you may not win, but you'll dish out a few scares!

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 21:58   #6 (permalink)

i want it for 0-100 bursts at the lights and maybe for some quarter runs ! rang up mock again today and they said something bout a stall converter they are testing could be an option i mite go for with my dev 3 pack , mite open the auto up ! anyone have expirience with stall converters ?
Old 12-04-2002, 22:06   #7 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Stall converters are like a clutch slipping.
When the engine is under ioad it doesnt engage with the trans until a certain RPM is reached.
For example if you have a 3000 rpm stallie then at the light you could put one foot on the brake and the other on the accelerator and the car wouldnt move until you hit around 3000rpm. But if you rev it to about 2500 then let go of the brake and floor it then the car will straight away jump to 3000rpms and take off from there probs with a lot of of wheel spin. This is how i understand them.

Only 1 day left : )

Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 23:44   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

hi stall converters will work ok at lower revs. You will still be able to putter off at low revs even if it's a 3000rpm converter. It will just rev somewhat higher at given speeds that it used to. Full lockup doesn't happen until 3000 though allowing you to stall the motor up higher before takeoff getting you further into your 'power band'.
They are best for dragging ... but if you have a lumpy cam or such then they take a lot of the rock and roll out of it.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 03:19   #9 (permalink)
Dreamer

they also kill your fuel allowance for the week also, but hey to some thats not much of a concern. Friends fuel went up about $20 a week after he lifted the converter speed from 2800rpm, to 3500rpm. Mind you this was in a carby fed 304 V8 with 275kw on tap, cam didnt start to rumble until 3300rpm, and then the car launched like all buggery, its now a 355 stroker (not his anymore tho)

anyhow back on track, i doubt your I6 will require a higher converter than the stock one, if your going to drag your car every week then sure get it, otherwise put that extra dosh into getting a Dev4 kit instead.

plus the dev kits improve power down low also, its not like the cam or turbo (in other cases) is only starting to build up at 2500rpm. One good thing tho is you can rip it up whilst driving along, as it will stall up more, to a better power region, and then grip and say hello to wheel spin galour. Thats only if your car has plenty of power. Doing that on the road is bad m'kay...
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 04:00   #10 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Drop final drive to around 3.45 to 1 or 3.7 to 1 esp with auto..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech