Jim mock, neone heard of him?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2002, 20:35   #1 (permalink)
ex ea driver

Jim mock, neone heard of him??

i managed to find an article on the internet about what this jim mock, and his company Mock motor sport does with the EA to AU engines
and apparently he has a heap of different engine packages availave from 112kw at the rear wheels right up to 185kw at the rears. i was just wondering if anybody has had any work done by him??? but if anybody wants the article, ask me and give me ya email and i will email it to ya, it is in accrobat reader form, so if ya can't read it sorry that all i have..
catch yas CATman
aka Jason
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2002, 22:24   #2 (permalink)
Master

mock motorsports

hey CATman, i have read the article on here b4 coz some1 posted it. i cant find it now but u can email it 2 me, thanx.

-Master-

p.s- my email is: Layzboy_24@yahoo.com.au
Old 04-04-2002, 22:29   #3 (permalink)
boost

mock

the guys power figures are just simply full of shit, sorry but me and my mechanic have been fully modifing ea's in every area (more areas than his kits) and there is just no way his gains are possible, unless his dyno reads way to high!!
Old 04-05-2002, 00:19   #4 (permalink)
Martin

Boost, never say never

The 185RWKW package is not for street use, his most powerful strret kit is 175RWKW, which is around 240Kw at the engine or 320Hp. Which is only 80hp/L which is not a HUGE amount in this day and age.

Heres a section of text taken from article by Autospeed.com (who arnt exactly fond of Fords)

Quote:
Snake oils and magic potions. We've seen our fair share of them here at AutoSpeed - everything from Turbo Zets to oh-so mysterious airflow meters. So you can imagine what was in the back of our minds when some bloke rang to tell us he can squeeze 175-plus rear wheel kilowatts out of Ford's almost untunable 4.0-litre six. Apparently all it needed was a cam, headwork and a few traditional hot-up techniques.... and "no engine management mods required", he claimed.

Oh yeah, we thought - bloody prove it!

Well, a couple of weeks down the track we caught up with our caller - Mr Jim Mock. We jumped in behind the wheel of his EF Falcon 4.0-litre development mule and, bugger me, this thing blew our socks off. That's right, we can tell you from our ever experienced seat-of-the-pants this thing really does haul. While we didn't have a chance to dyno the car, having driven it we can say that its claimed 175 rear wheel kW now seems very believable - oh, have faith!
Ill be more than likely getting a DEV5 package on my car within in the next couple of months:)
Old 04-05-2002, 17:24   #5 (permalink)
boost

martin

oh well mate it is up to u if u want to get sucked in but the day those packages make what they claim on a new dyno dynamics dyno is the day i will go set fire to mine. As for the article, u know what bullshit journalist spin. An old mate of mine ordered this kit and i will try to get hold of him to c how it went. These kits dont even have comp mods for stuff sake!!
Old 04-05-2002, 17:50   #6 (permalink)
ex ea driver

mock motorsport

boost, sorry to say it but u dont know what ur talkin about, i think that by comp mods ur talkin about getting higher compression??? cos if u actually look and read that article, it depends on which one u get to how heavily the head is modified.
:D
catach ya CATman
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 22:46   #7 (permalink)
boost

comp mods

catty, i mean COMPUTER mods and trust me i know what i am talking about!! For **** sake i have been there done that. My mechanic is national saloon car champ in saloon cars driving an ea and he has forgotten more than most of us will know
Old 04-05-2002, 23:38   #8 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Yep

Yep I have read this article as well.At present my car has 122kw at the wheels without computer mods and its running lean due to the fact the computer does not know I have increased my air volume and speed.I ran up ChipTorque and apparently an EA computer will only supply enough fuel for around 115kw.I asked them about JIM MOCK motor sport and they haven't heard of him let alone seen a Falcon EA-AU on the dyno that spits out 185kw at the wheels naturally aspirated.The only ones they have seen are turboed or supercharged.

Boost will back me up here the,ChipTorque told me the EA saloon cars run up around 130kw thats on Avgas and running around 10-11:1 comp ratio.At present my car idles lumpy and increase in lift or duration will see the old girl loose vaccum and thus not idle.So I can't understand how they can without computer mods create that much kw or make it idle.I have a friend with an EF and it spat out 134kw with the stage slighly bigger cam then the 825.But this had a chip installed ,headwork and exhaust.Until I see dyno graphs on the web then I will believe.Have a look at ChipTorques web page and it will show you that even a modified 8 does not pump that much out at the wheels unless ones morage is now really big.

CYA Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 23:48   #9 (permalink)
boost

saloon cars

you are right luke, the highest tuned saloon cars make a bit over 140 kws. But my mech has a el xr6 with all of the good gear and heaps and heaps of before and after dyno runs with multiple setups and his car made 157kws at the rears he has just installed a dry manifold nos setup and now its got 180 odd with a small shot of giggle
Old 04-06-2002, 04:54   #10 (permalink)
Martin

Now that I think of it there was an AU XR6 HP at the Tickford Day that had ~240Kw at the engine, it was either a SA or QLD car. I could be wrong but I think it was some Ford development car???

Also guys im as sceptical as you, but I just go through life with an open mind. Just because dozens of people have tried and tried to do something and failed, and then someone comes and achieves it, doesnt mean its automatically BS.
Im sure if you told an engine expert 15-20 years ago that it was possible for car company to mass produce a 2L street engine in a car with 120Hp/L, yet still have very good fuel economy and produce way less emissions than the class average, they would have laughed in your face. Yet Honda have done it with the S2000.
Also look at the BMW M3 engine, at 8000Rpm, its pistons are moving at the same velocity as the pistons of an F1 engine. Who would have ever believed that 15-20 years ago??

If any of you are a regular reader of Autospeed you would know they would have loved to discredit this guy if his test mual didnt have near its quoted power.

But dont get me wrong, I wouldnt hand over any cash with atleast a drive of his test car and possibly speaking to one or more of his customers to hear of their experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech