Just got my truck, key won't turn in door lock - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 10:35   #1 (permalink)

Just got my truck, key won't turn in door lock

So, I just got a used 03 Ford Ranger yesturday. I drove it, everything was fine. I was driving to school this monring, and decided to stop and get food. When I came back out, and i put my key in the driver door lock to unlock the door becasue I do not have power door locks, the key goes in but it doesn't turn, so i had to get in through the passanger side (which worked fine) Since i din'dt have that much time, i dind't have time to mess with it, i messed with it briefly when i got out for school, i put the key back in, and it didn't work in kinda moved it around and kept turning, and every once in a while, it would work. so my question is what happend? Is there some dirt or something in the door lock? how can i fix this? spray compressed air into it? thanks!
chazell29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2007, 18:49   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Just got my truck, key won't turn in door lock

It could be several things, but first I would spray some lubricant in the keyhole. Then run your key in and out quickly about 10 times. This may free up some sticking pins. If this don't work, pull the lock out and take it to a locksmith to repair. Just remove the clip from the edge of the door to remove the lock cylinder. Don't let the rod drop inside the door or you will be removing the door panel needlessly.
Also make sure you try both sides of your key. It may just be a bad copy, and one side works better than the other.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech