Just Need Some Advice - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2003, 01:39   #1 (permalink)
ED Falcon Futra Classic!

Just Need Some Advice

Hey Guys

I've had my beautiful ED Falcon Futra Classic for 2 months now, and i love it.

I am slowly doing the girl up and I need some advice on the car.

I want to put the GT body kit on the girl and I would like some pictures to see how it looks. Plus I live in Brisbane so does anyone know a good body kit place that does GT body kits.

The other question is I just got a new muffler and extractors for my car (plus a muffler tip that has BLUE neon lights). I find that I can smell the fumes from the car alot, and car seems to be hotter then it use to be, I dont know why? Do I need to add anything to it?? And do I need Pod Filter (and what do they do)?

My last question is I am going to put mags on my car next month and I am looking for a shop that can change the spacing of my wheels to suit the new Mags which are out now!

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2003, 02:08   #2 (permalink)
ED Falcon Futra Classic!

Any GT pictures would be good!
Old 03-29-2003, 02:38   #3 (permalink)
Ford Nut

go to www.ssv.com.au they have a few different styles of body kits including the EBGT kit. They are a sydney based company but will deliver. Ask you local body shop or custom trim shop about them ordering it for you (they will get it at trade price) and getting it painted. I worked out that a full EBGT kit is about $2200 + delivery + paint.

About the zorst and pod filter, there may be a leak in the exhaust. Having a pod filter wont change the temp or smell of your exhaust gas and all they do is give the engine a better air flow. With extractors, a pod filter will probably give you about 10 or less extra kilowatts.

Makes the car look sik.

Nathan
Old 03-29-2003, 02:39   #4 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Try these web sites for the GT Pics:

http://www.byrne.com.au/ebgt.htm

http://www.falcongtclub.org/clubcarsindex.asp

http://www.canberracarstyling.com.au...ndex.html#Ford

http://www.falcongtclub.com.au/eb.html

If you can smell the exhaust fumes in the car, get it checked out ASAP. May not be sealing properly?
Old 03-29-2003, 02:51   #5 (permalink)
ED Falcon Futra Classic!

thanks

It only when i have the window open once the car is turn off?

I just got the extractors re-tighten
Old 04-04-2003, 05:51   #6 (permalink)
ED Falcon Futra Classic!

Hey Guys is it illegal to have neon lights on ya car.

I have it around the muffler tip
Old 04-04-2003, 07:23   #7 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

As far as I know the boys in blue don't really like any blue or any other neon light for that matter to be seen from the outside of the car. That's in Vic anyway. Personally I think it looks a bit ricey. But that's personal choice.

Are you sure you can't smell the exhaust fumes when the car is turned on? There isn't anymore exhaust gases when the car is off. Maybe you're just in a enclosed space, like a garage or something where the fumes hang around...

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 15:38   #8 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

its possible that the person who installed your exhaust system has left grease hand print over your engine/exhaust, this will slowly burn off and stink, especially when car is switched off. Not saying thats your problem but its possible.

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 19:32   #9 (permalink)

did the exhaust ppl put any paint on the piping (like they did with mine) if so the smell is just that heating up and it'll go away after a few weeks.....

pod filter is fine but with extractors you end up sucking in hot air anyway...... just something to think about.
ef-ficiency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 20:02   #10 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Re: Just Need Some Advice

Quote:
Originally posted by Prod
...I've had my beautiful ED Falcon Futra Classic for 2 months now, and i love it. I am slowly doing the girl up and I need some advice on the car...
My advice, don't put a bodykit on it. It spoils the looks of a nice clean E-series car.

Quote:
... (plus a muffler tip that has BLUE neon lights)....
Don't put that on it either. Yuch!

Quote:
...Do I need to add anything to it??...
No, just check that there are no leaks (it's already on the car right?). It may just be the coating burning off.

Quote:
...And do I need Pod Filter (and what do they do)?...
No, you do not need a pod filter.
They filter the air (worse) than a standard panel filter,
They allow oil in to foul-up your IAC valve and they can attract defect stickers.

Quote:
My last question is I am going to put mags on my car next month and I am looking for a shop that can change the spacing of my wheels to suit the new Mags which are out now!
Mags are wheels but if I understand what you are asking I would again advise don't do it. Get wheels with the right offset for the car, don't try and modify the car (wheels spacers etc) to suit whatever mags you have in mind.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech