Kangaroo versus Ford - An Idea! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2001, 16:19   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Lightbulb Kangaroo versus Ford - An Idea!

Well, after using their products for many years before, and after nailing a roo in the rental Fairlane a few weeks ago, I tracked down ShuRoo again to find they have launched a new model.

The ShuRoo Mark 3 looks good, is compact, and fits in the bumper openings of Fords and Holdens easily.

I've ordered one for the XR8 so I'll keep people updated. Having used the Mk2 before, all cars we fitted up never hit a roo despite high kms and night time driving. Good stuff! This is one product I know works well.

www.shuroo.com

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2001, 17:03   #2 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

another thing that works is the little ford motorsports flags. (the plasticy ones the ford girls hand out all the time)

When I was up in bathurst, we all put them on the radio aerials, and the sound of them flapping in the wind scared the wildlife away.

also looks cool!!
Old 11-26-2001, 17:35   #3 (permalink)

Wasnt ther and article in The Age or Herald Sun a few month back about these devices???

From what I recall some people from a university (dont know which one) took a Shuroo out to Healsville Sanctury for testing.

They set it up pointing at some kangaroos and turned it on. Kangaroos stopped eating, turned around look at the Shuroo and continued on eating again. They didnt run.

They also did some noise testing on an open road and found the wind noise to be louder than the Shuroo.

Andrew
95ProbeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 18:28   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 95ProbeGT
Wasnt ther and article in The Age or Herald Sun a few month back about these devices???

From what I recall some people from a university (dont know which one) took a Shuroo out to Healsville Sanctury for testing.

They set it up pointing at some kangaroos and turned it on. Kangaroos stopped eating, turned around look at the Shuroo and continued on eating again. They didnt run.

They also did some noise testing on an open road and found the wind noise to be louder than the Shuroo.

Andrew
Well, what you say makes sense. In my experience the roos look up and STAY STILL which is the exact opposite of what they usually do - go stupid and dart in any old direction. Whilst they are staying still I drive past without any damage.

'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

Old 11-26-2001, 20:06   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete

Well, what you say makes sense. In my experience the roos look up and STAY STILL which is the exact opposite of what they usually do - go stupid and dart in any old direction. Whilst they are staying still I drive past without any damage.
I hope you are right. I saw a whole front end pulled out of an early Trana by a Roo...
About the only time I was glad to be following another car..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 22:17   #6 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 95ProbeGT

Andrew
I think it was in Drive in The Age.

There were certainly some letters in several issues of Drive , some of which thought the device didn't do much, but also some very strong in support from country driver users.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 02:30   #7 (permalink)

Everyone I've spoken to about the electronic ShuRoos swear by them. I for one will be putting one on the wagon when I get it next year. Might even leave off getting a bullbar as well.
Old 11-27-2001, 03:02   #8 (permalink)

I've found many people that rubbish the product. But when I ask them to describe the ShuRoo they always refer to the little whistle type. They are indeed useless. The electronic version works very well. Trust me, I fitted these units to a fleet of over 20 cars which had an extremely high accident rate. No accidents with roos after fitment. Many close calls but no hits (because the roos don't move suddenly).

Old 11-27-2001, 03:08   #9 (permalink)

I can't speek for the MK3 but I have MK2 fitted to the front of one of our cars. Switched on and cleaned up a big grey. Wasn't happy I can tell you.

Seeing as you are familiar with the system I won't bother going into the limitations.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 03:13   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
Seeing as you are familiar with the system I won't bother going into the limitations.
Doesn't everything have limitations? Yes, I know what they are. These were part of the training for drivers in the company I did the work with. The unit requires a different way to driving in some road conditions where the unit cannot work 100%. Another key issue - fitting the unit. Must be done right to work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech