Koni Adjustables? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2003, 15:44   #1 (permalink)
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!

Koni Adjustables?

Hey guys,
Does anyone know who stocks Koni Andjustables in Vic ($)?
Is anybody running them in an E Series Falcon (EF)?
I am concidering putting them in my car and was also wondering if they would go OK with the standard tickford springs that are in there at the moment (I'm assuming it would be AOK).
Would you recommend any other shocks instead?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2003, 15:56   #2 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

Read Shocks!

Koni Adjustables you should be able to source through your local AutoBarn store mate. I manage one of the shops in Sydney here and we have access to Koni, Monroe and Gabriel.

Koni's are pretty expensive, if your really into club day races or things like that, sure go for them. But if you want to justify the price, then I would prolly go for the Monroe series of shocks, Sensa-Trac are sweet, I ran those in my XF which was lowered 3.5" all round and still have a nice comfortable ride for $120 the pair.

Your front ones will cost more coz of being a strut. nearly $200 the pair for those.

ViGiLaNtE
Old 01-04-2003, 16:02   #3 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Hey Ghia

I originally wanted Koni's for my EB, but ended up getting a pair of Bilsteins (to suit lowered springs) fitted up front. I am still running the standard tickford springs. It made a big difference to the handling of my EB, and I would definately recommend them. I also had a camber kit fitted at the same time.

EBXR
Old 01-04-2003, 16:58   #4 (permalink)
Yeah .... I am here

my old man (known as redwards on here) has an EF, and he has the tickford springs and runs koni adjustables front and back and it handles a pearler, and i had konis in my old ED and it made a BIG difference.

my 2 cents worth
XR8fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 17:50   #5 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Koni adjustables are superb. Bilstein are also superb.
Monroe are OK for the money, but don't touch the Sensatrack, the GT gas are better IMO.

If you have the money however, it's a no brainer, go the Koni.

Rick.
Soxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 21:44   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

With Tickford springs anything less than Koni is is not better. Ahh put it this way in my E.B 1. I replaced the factory XR shocks with Pedders.Though they work, I'd say they are more for std type suspensions and would, I think worse on the latter models.Koni you won't regret it latter like me!! But $$$ counts...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 02:35   #7 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

If you can spend the $$$ go the Koni's...Don't go SenseLess Trak is does not work, Gt Gas is the best Monroe can offer...
Herrod's use Koni's alot, maybe they can offer you a fair price......
Old 01-05-2003, 16:42   #8 (permalink)
Let's Drive

Ghia,

What do want to do with your car?? You planning on doing any track days?
Koni's are a great shock, but they are oil shocks, not gas. This isn't a huge problem, but oil shocks aren't as responsive as gas shocks. Saying that though, the oil Konis are still heaps better than a gas monroe shock. You would have to go to Bilstein to get a better gas shock. They are a little more expensive then the Konis.
Get in touch with Mick Webb in Ringwood (03 9876 8586), he can get Konis, Bilsteins, whatever you want! Give him a buzz and he can go through prices and details of what the differences between the shocks are.
But like many have already said, spend the money now and you won't regret it later.
Cheers
Old 01-05-2003, 17:48   #9 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Quote:
Originally posted by SHHMIK
Ghia,

What do want to do with your car?? You planning on doing any track days?
Koni's are a great shock, but they are oil shocks, not gas. This isn't a huge problem, but oil shocks aren't as responsive as gas shocks. Saying that though, the oil Konis are still heaps better than a gas monroe shock. You would have to go to Bilstein to get a better gas shock. They are a little more expensive then the Konis.

This isn't quite true. For starters, the better Konis are gas pressurised.
As for the differences between 'gas' and 'oil', they are both 'oil' shocks, but 'gas' pressurised shocks have the oil pressurised by a small gas chamber, at least in mono tube gas shocks anyway. Twin tube gas shocks such as the cheaper Monroes, share the same chamber for the gas and oil, which is in part, why they don't perform as well as Konis, etc.

Konis and Bilsteins are very similar in there quality, performance and price. Both are well above the likes of Monroe.

Rick.
Soxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 03:22   #10 (permalink)
methanol injected clevo

has anyone had a set of koni's sent trans-continent... is it expensive?

since you can't air frieght gas shocks (dangerous goods) i wonder how much it would be to send some over to perth.... (WA prices are pretty high).

i'd love a set of koni's for my car :)

1981 XD Ex-Interceptor - 393C, AFD 4Vs, Methanol Injection, Powerglide

1994 ED XR8 Sprint - 347W, 5-speed, 3.9s

http://hi-performance.net
xr8_sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech