L.P.G queries - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2004, 04:27   #1 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

L.P.G queries

I recently bought a ZH fairlane that is running on L.P.G, I just have a few queries on it as im skeptical about it because I have never had an LPG car before, its running a 302 with straight LPG with a gas cam etc, advanced elec ignition n stuff, When I turned it off it sounded as if the gas was bubling or more as though as it would sound as if it was splashing around? Just curious on what this noise is, scared me! haha

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2004, 04:36   #2 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

Re: L.P.G queries

probably was splashing around in the tank, for some reason all the noises from the gas tank sound very tinny, eg. fuel gauge moving around tinkling on the walls of the tank.

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 04:31   #3 (permalink)
1974 xl tc 250 cortina

Yep it might be the strange sounds that are constantly emanating from gas tanks. Mine makes allsorts of weird noises. Like little squealy sounds and what not, almost like dolphins or something. This can be happening even after like 8 hours of the car not being run, or while driving, doesnt seem to matter.

It seems to be more prevalent when the tank is nearing empty. Its a bit annoying to tell you the truth. But when am I driving without the music on anyway? Not very often.
thek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:32   #4 (permalink)

being an ex-owner of a ZK 351C on gas, I can tell you that there should be no strange noises eminating from the gas tank, or the system for that matter. I would recommend a check of the system. It could have been installed by an amateur, and if you hark back to the tragedy in Cranbourne earlier this year, it is worthwhile checking out
creature3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:29   #5 (permalink)
1974 xl tc 250 cortina

Jesus, I didnt realise the sounds were a sign that something was amiss. I just thought it was an inherent part of having LPG. Thanks for the tip.
thek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 08:44   #6 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Get it checked. Its a possible sign of wear, i had the same thing and was freaking out as it would get pertty loud whne i was at idle. The last thing you want is a leak in the LPG system. Anyone hear about that guy whos car blew up when he lit his cigarette and the gas tank was leaking...

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 17:41   #7 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

**** me, im gonna definetly get it checked out!

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech