Larger Mass Air Flow Meters - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 16:17
Larger Mass Air Flow Meters

To anyone who has a larger than stock *Air Flow Meter*, who tuned your ECU... And what after market computer(piggy backed to Ford ECU) or computer chip are you running? This question does not include you Kon, cause we know you do your own :)

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 21:01
I guess it depends what brand.Some brands [unfortunately in the states] tune the M.A.F to the rest of your system i/e injectors etc.I had been on a site that explained all that,a M.A.F manufacter,but do you think I can find it again.Driving me crazy...crazzier!!! Iff I find it I'll let you know.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 21:39
This may be the one you talked about. They certainly go into the most detail.

Also the other main player in the market:

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2001, 08:02
Thanks Kon
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 20:23
Officially Bored with 347
yay slim....
with an 80mm m.a.f & 24lb inj,im running a custom prog from chiptorque, tells the ecu that i have the above mentioned stuff, mind you i never had a "hunting" prob with the idle
hey kon i wouldnt mind catching up with ya mate heard u r a bit of a guru!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 08:39
Ha hardly! I just read too much and listen to people that really know what they're saying. As they say it's easy to see far when you're standing on the shoulders of giants.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 15:06
Slim are you running 24 Lp injectors? is the maf calibrated for 24's? Try the 19's.It maybe running too rich at idle.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 16:53
yeah 24s. the cobra-r maf is setup for 24s.
its not always hunting at idle like it use to. goes quite hard at the moment, just got a oil prssure prob. see if a new sender fixes it tomorrow.

PS: I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those T-series 70mm TBs. Can you buy T-series goodies off the shelf yet like you can buy SVO or is Ford still being a pain in Ass?

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 20:20
Slim check it out mate I think the maf's are programed 19's the cobra ecu fix's it up only on that ecu for 24's.Thats why cnl/Pro-flo have different maf's for cobra's.
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: