Leaky boot lid? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2003, 18:12   #1 (permalink)

Question Leaky boot lid?

In all this rain it seems that the boot is leaking on the left hand side near the seal. It is an EL sedan. I have no idea how water could get in there as it has to flow "upwards" a few cm's then break through the boot seal....... hmmm any ideas?

Jez
rallyboy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2003, 20:20   #2 (permalink)

I had this problem in my AU. Confused the heck out of me for a little while. I don't know if yours is the same but on mine I had an adjustable black rubber stopper at top back corners of the boot lid. The stoppers are threaded and to adjust them I just screwed them in or out untill the boot didn't touch the body when I slamed it. On mine I had one stopper really high and one really low and one corner had slightly dented the body and the other was high enough to let water get in and get musty.

Hope that helps
dcflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 01:46   #3 (permalink)

Try some silicone spray or paste, that softens and expands the rubber slightly, that may help.

To eliminate the moisture once it is inside the car, I use a thing called Hippo moisture remover, it's in a plastic box and absorbs all the moisture in the air.

They sell it in supermarkets to get rid of dampness in cupboards and under the sink, but it is the ducks nuts for keeping the car's interior dry.

About $6 and lasts for about 3 months. Moisture is the big enemy where electrical connections are concerned.

cheers
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech