Lifters in EF - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2003, 03:16   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Lifters in EF

I've got a bit of a problem fella's!

i just did a lifter in my EF 6 cylinder. Its absolutely shot, so im gonna put a full new set of lifters in it.

would a set of enhanced performance lifters do anything to the power of the car, and how much would i be looking at.
Hot Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2003, 06:56   #2 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

im not really sure man, i was gonna do the same thing and was told not to bother with it. you might as well get a cam if ur gonna get good lifters.

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 16:31   #3 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

confused

how do u get the EF lifters out? i was told to bash them out by the wreckers. And when putting them back in are they just placed in? i was told that they seal under pressure? any help would be greatly appreciated
Cam
New ride: EB GHIA, 5sp manual, pod filter, lightened flywheel, 9" diff conversion, locker, Superlows all round, full EB GT body kit, extractors and Zorst, EF XR8 wheels, Recaro Seats, GT Wheel and more.
Kenwood head deck, Sony Xpload 4" fronts and 6" backs and 300WRMS Fostgate 12" powered by avantgarde 250W RMS Amp. .
Turbo build now underway
Visit The new Re-Designed FastFords.org
FastFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 22:58   #4 (permalink)
EFI 351c TD CORTINA

i put an ef rocker set on my ea, to get the lifters out you would have to force them out because there held in by a plastic retainer at the top.
6 out of 12 in the set i bought came out freely because the retainer is made from a plastic that got hard and crumbly from the oil. had to scrape all the plastic out b4 i put them back.
qwikcorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 04:04   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

mate, i would recommend taking it into your nearest ford dealership. prob only about $100 in labour, its a lot safer and easier, no hassles then.
Hot Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 00:50   #6 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

ok then thanks, i think i have decided to wait until i have my new bottom end built (re ringes + new bearings, acid dipped and decked with flat top pistons) before i bolt on my ef rockgear, head, manifold and gearbox into my car
Cam
New ride: EB GHIA, 5sp manual, pod filter, lightened flywheel, 9" diff conversion, locker, Superlows all round, full EB GT body kit, extractors and Zorst, EF XR8 wheels, Recaro Seats, GT Wheel and more.
Kenwood head deck, Sony Xpload 4" fronts and 6" backs and 300WRMS Fostgate 12" powered by avantgarde 250W RMS Amp. .
Turbo build now underway
Visit The new Re-Designed FastFords.org
FastFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech