Ford Forums banner

looking for a momo wheel for au1

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  AusXH 
G
#1 ·
looking for a price for the momo wheel for the au 1 xr6 got aprice from ford $1100 just for the wheel not airbag unit as well, do not want to get a butcher to re-skin my wheel, rather the original momo wheel insteed, ford is on a good thing with momo.
:crazy1:

#2 ·
LongJohn1

There is a place in Beverley that can reskin Steering wheels. They go by the name of ATUC, there is a shop in Gouger st that can remove your wheel and get it recovered and back on the car in a day. I had a momo wheel rebuilt by these guys in grey and black leather and the job was great.

As you say your standard wheel is not a momo but it is worth considering.

Catch yah later

Paul B
XR6WGN

#3 ·
John at ATUC covered a std AU wheel for me in blue and black leather, added some bolstering (made it a little fatter) used black basketball stitching and it has turned out fantastic. Also did the T bar knob. cost about $330 all up. Very professional looking job

These guys do OE wheels for Mitsubishi, HSV and I think mazda?

#4 ·
mbrown42 said:
John at ATUC covered a std AU wheel for me in blue and black leather, added some bolstering (made it a little fatter) used black basketball stitching and it has turned out fantastic. Also did the T bar knob. cost about $330 all up. Very professional looking job

These guys do OE wheels for Mitsubishi, HSV and I think mazda?
wow, sounds nice, you wouldnt have a phone number for these people?

How about a pic of the wheel? :s6:

#8 ·
xr6wgn said:
Here it is

ATUC
265 Gouger St
Adelaide SA

(08) 8231 7722

www.atuc.com.au

Geeze they should give me a free covering or something HoHo

Paul B
XR6WGN
ATUC website is really crappy. The pics of the different wheels are low res and dont do their workmanship any justice at all.

I'll try to get a better shot of my wheel, rear wing, seats, and gear knob and post them. It probably wont be until next week

#10 ·
G'day Longjohn1, I have got the MOMO pack on my XR and it was done by the dealer. However AutoTek sell a number of Momo wheels and a couple of MOMO wheels for the Falcon. One being the Falcon GT wheel (the one with the wood and leather) and the other being an AU MOMO Wheel. Their website is www.autotek.com.au and the page that shows the ones for the Falcon is http://www.autospeed.com/cgi-bin/browse.cgi?category=864&ecomsvr=925655338

This is what it says about the AU Wheel

"Ford Falcon Red Stitch Steering Wheel by Momo

Originally an option for the AU Ute, this Momo steering wheel suits EB-AUII Falcons with Airbags. Own it for a bargain price!

Supplied without an airbag cover (pictured with one). Either reuse the airbag cover from original steering wheel or purchase a new one from a dealer.

Due to the fact that an airbag is involved, this steering wheel must be installed by a qualified technician. We recommend having it fit by a Ford dealer."

Looks looks a very nice wheel and is quite similar to the Tickford MOMO option wheel and its only $450 plus how much it costs to get it fitted. Might be worth checking out.

This is what it looks like as well

#11 ·
mbrown42 said:

ATUC website is really crappy. The pics of the different wheels are low res and dont do their workmanship any justice at all.

You're not wrong there, they are certainly not getting their money's worth out of the web designer. I feel like emailing them and telling them to wake up to themselves!

#14 ·
Aussie Falcon said:
can the existing audio and cruise switches be added to this?
These buttons are screwed to the steering wheel beneath that middle cover. You simply take the middle cover off, unscrew buttons, unclip horns, and undo the bolt from the wheel to the column itself.

For instructions on how to do this with an airbag wheel, go here --> http://discussions.fordforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=5392

To give you an idea of what the wheel looks like underneath, I have attached a pic of my old steering wheel.

#15 ·
AusXH said:

These buttons are screwed to the steering wheel beneath that middle cover. You simply take the middle cover off, unscrew buttons, unclip horns, and undo the bolt from the wheel to the column itself.

For instructions on how to do this with an airbag wheel, go here --> http://discussions.fordforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=5392

To give you an idea of what the wheel looks like underneath, I have attached a pic of my old steering wheel.
Looking at the pic of your old wheel, I understand why you wanted my wheel.. The pics of the new wheel look great

#16 ·
mbrown42 said:

Looking at the pic of your old wheel, I understand why you wanted my wheel.. The pics of the new wheel look great
The old wheel was worn which made it look and feel like crap. The new one is great! It has cleaned up the whole interior of the car which makes me smile everytime I sit behind the wheel. :s4

Again, very happy with the wheel... thanks mbrown42 :hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.