Ford Forums banner

LTD conversion on XD-XF

7K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  davway 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering how hard it is to do a LTD panel+grille conversion on a XD-XF Falcon? Im ssuming the rear is the same apart from teh lights and the front just needs the lights and grille changed? Any panels, or front bar? How to go about it.

Thanks

#5 ·
ltd tail lights wont fit, doors are the same if my ,memory srves me corrct, front panels will fit,

to do the tail lights, u need to cut the ltd rear and transplant it on the x seriies rear.... bit job, and ltd lights are expensive, tinted ones are 500 bux a set if u can find a good set, although you can get the tail light glass, and mgiht be able to get it plastic welded on, we used to repair the ltd ones at fairmonts gear

#6 ·
Yeah, im really keen on the rear lights, they look so much better than Fairlane/Falcon lights. Glad the front is easy. Did you work at Fairmont Ghia near Huntingdale MadWoG? I was there the other day getting brakelines.

#8 ·
i USED to work there, but i know the mechanic, and hte boss really well....

the mechanic used to b a bouncer at viper and stuff....

the rear doors the windws are differetn.... the triangle on the falcon rear door is a proper triangle, on the f'lane the trinange is 1" longer or sumthing.... measure, both doors are the same size physically..

#9 ·
MaD_WoG said:
the rear doors the windws are differetn.... the triangle on the falcon rear door is a proper triangle, on the f'lane the trinange is 1" longer or sumthing.... measure, both doors are the same size physically..

well there ya go, learn somethin new every day!

ill have to go take notice next time i see an XF and ZL next to one another

out of interest, are they the same as wagon ones like it is with e series ones??

#11 ·
I owned an XD a few years ago with LTD front end and rear lights. I didn't do the conversion myself but understand it wasn't too difficult - even for the lights.

My current XD has an LTD FE series front bumper - easy bolt on and they look great with better cooling too. It also has XE lights which look heaps better than the XD ones and also bolt straight up.

#12 ·
wagon rear doors are the same as falcon, ltd/fairlane are the different as bieng the upper modles.....

thsi is what u need for the lighst, ill post a pic of m ycar....

the topish bit, you DONT need, butits different on the lwb and the swb modles....

you need those sections of both cars cut out, and then transplant on your car, and have it straight blah blah blah.....

expensive job i rekon

#13 ·
Yea its ok, im actually doin it on a Fairlane so its all bolt-on. Just curious how hard it wouldve been on XD-XF since ive heard of a few with the conversion. Looks heaps beda too (IMO)

#14 ·
i would sooo love tinted ltd lights on the back of my xe..... would look awesome.... but yeh too hard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.