LTD PX5 info wanted - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2003, 19:48   #1 (permalink)
Frantic Ford Fanatic

Question LTD PX5 info wanted

My brother and I are restoring a 73? PX5 LTD and powering it with a BB 460 -> 514 cubes, C6 etc etc. What we haven't got is any idea on which way all the vacuum pipes and electrics go behind the dash. (was stored in a shed and a rat made a nest in there).
Would appreciate any schematics or drawings of either the vacuum system, electrical systems or any other source of info eg websites etc

Old car = AU Futura, Galaxy blue, IRS, 16" mags, DBA Slotted rotors. Pity to see it go, very good, under- rated car, RIP
ricthewheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2003, 03:34   #2 (permalink)

I got a diagram for a fairlane of that era if thats any help,i could scan and email..A 514 LTD sounds like a nice project..Got any pics?
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 17:58   #3 (permalink)
Frantic Ford Fanatic

No scanned pics as yet, parts are scattered all over me brothers house, front and back sheds etc. Due to go to the sandblasters soon then panel and paint. Then he's got to save a bit more for the motor etc hopefully getting it on the road by this year october, but will probably be mid next year, get it licenced then take it down the drags.
As for the fairlane docs they'd be great, thanks.

My other brother has a 460BB ZD Fairlane which has a pb of 11.72 at the drags here's the link to his failane http://www.woodyg.com/fairlane/racin...Althuizen.html but its had a full respray since same colour just no surface rust or any other rust showing.

Old car = AU Futura, Galaxy blue, IRS, 16" mags, DBA Slotted rotors. Pity to see it go, very good, under- rated car, RIP
Old 02-11-2003, 03:58   #4 (permalink)

Nice Fairlane.I fitted one of those crate motors in an XE..They are a nice setup..
Tell me a little about that C6.What brand is JPP on the servo and did you try a stock type servo first or find it an improvement over a stock servo .What shift kit?
I just emailed you about the vac diagrams..
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 18:26   #5 (permalink)
Frantic Ford Fanatic

JPP stands for Jenkins Performance Products
Bassendean WA 6054
Phone/Fax: (08) 9279 9298
and he does a lot of machining work etc for drag racers over here including stuff for John Buchanan's Top Fuel dragster and Jay Uptons monstrous nitro Triumph Top bike "The Edge"
I think he made a new billet servo and a few other bits. If you need more info have to get my brother to reply to you or you can email him direct on althuizen@msn.com.au . I sent you my email address thanks again.

Old 02-11-2003, 23:10   #6 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

The P5 LTD has HVAC control in the centre console, so will be slightly different to a ZG Fairlane but essentially the same, in fact the same for any XA-XC factory air Falcon, I used a factory ZG manual to install factory air into an XC for instance.

You may want to try the library ric, do a search on
http://www.liswa.wa.gov.au/battye.html

for ZG/H and or XA/XC Ford workshop manuals, should be quite a few around WA libraries.

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech