Lukey.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2002, 11:02   #1 (permalink)
Brent79

Lukey....

Hey dude, what was the name of that stuff you used to polish up yer manifold and fuel rail?? I wanna nice clean engine too... im gonna remove the rocker cover and repaint and seal it aswell :)

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2002, 20:17   #2 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

HEY

Hey Brent how are ya.The stuff I used is called Autosol.Sold at Repco or Autobarn.I did a bit of research and the Map sensors for CFI and MPI are the same and they have been on all ECC 4 even the F 150 surprisingly.Make sure you buy half moon seals as well as the rubber gasket.Buy a tube of Ultra Black and place it between the rocker cover mating surface of the cover itself then place the rubber gasket on it allow to dry for around 1-2hrs longer the better then on a clean the head surface apply the Ultra Black to the head matting side of the rubber gasket.Place the sealant on the half moons as well.

Catch up with you.

CYA Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 22:18   #3 (permalink)
Brent79

Re: HEY

Thanx man, i'll pick some up tomorra... how much do ya reckon those gaskets and half moons would cost?? I dont got alot of $$$ this week. I also wanna replace ma coolant reserve tank coz its all copper coated inside... do repco sell these or is it a ford only option??/

Cheers

Brent
Old 04-10-2002, 20:48   #4 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Re: HEY

Your jaw might drop the prices are.....

>2 half moons=$20
>1 rubber rocker cover gasket=$25-35.
>Autosol=$15-18.
>1 header tank=$70-90.

These are rough estimates its been a while.
The header tank can only be brought from Ford,the rocker cover gasket and halfmoons maybe a possible aftermarket item but don't hold your breath.

Hope this helps but its worth doing in the end.O and degrease your engine thoughly before attacking the motor.

CYA Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
Old 04-11-2002, 19:59   #5 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Hey Brent it's lukey's brother dean

You can try washing out the header tank with some very coarse cleaning agent. You could try bleach or something like that and just leave it in there for a while. Make sure you flush it out though, i have done this before with a few at work and they came out pretty good. A new one is only going to go the same colour again so it's worth a try.

Use bleach first and yeh what ever else you've got. Catch ya later and take it easy. - deano.

Proud TQE Operator
Old 04-12-2002, 08:08   #6 (permalink)
Brent79

Re: Hey Brent it's lukey's brother dean

Isnt there somesorta acid u can use that will eat the shit away??? I want a nice white tank coz its making the whole left side of my bay look like shit! U said a new one would go dirty again?!?! Even if i flush it regularly? Also how come i got brown fluid in my tank now when before i got my new radiator i had the green stuff.... whats the diff?? green looks betta

Brentos
Old 04-12-2002, 14:57   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Hey Brent it's lukey's brother dean

My mum's mechanic charged only $30 to replace the rocker cover gasket!

Sundeep
[c] [eafords/australia]<-- Click to Visit NOW![/c]
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 21:50   #8 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Coolant

Hey Brent its me lukey,I would be a bit causious with the bleach.Your cooling system probably did not get flushed properly and you heater tape was closed so the heater also held some fluid.It also could be just that someone has put shit coolant in your system.Can I suggest if you replace your header tank dump all the coolant.Fill with distilled water and drive around for around 3 weeks opening and closing the heater,this will flush the system.Dump the water and then buy some R 132 from Ford around $15 for 1 litre, get 2.Refil with distilled water and it should stay green for around to years.I use Alfloc which has been used in the car since new.I have not had any headgaskets blowen or bad corroision in the life of the car but its $40-$50 for 3 lt but you only use 1 litre.
Let us know how you went.

CYA Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
Old 04-13-2002, 07:45   #9 (permalink)
Brent79

Re: Coolant

hey luke, Toyota long life coolant comes in a brown/red colour... i will dump it and get the green stuff tho. Im gonna go for a new coolant tank, so i can get one with the sensor so i dont run low on water :) Some **** smashed my rear window while at work the other night, they didnt take anything but it scared me that they could have hot wired it and went for some donuts somewhere... Im gettin an alarm/immobiliser installed next week!

Brent
Old 04-14-2002, 20:21   #10 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

That's ****ed......

Mate thats just low life-en ****ED,Iam sorry to hear that brent.I think the sooner the better you have immobilizer installed would be a good idea.If it was Toyota coolant use are using I haven't heard anything bad about it so maybe you should keep using it,but then again the aR132 is good stuff as well.

CYA Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech