Ford Forums banner

Max size Alloys for AU1

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CATman 
G
#1 ·
Im going to be acquiring my parents AU1 falcon pretty shortly and i would like to know what is the largest size alloys that can be fitted to a standard AU1 falcon without having the guards lipped.
Thanks

#2 ·
Hi there and welcome. I'd say 18" is the 'practical' maximum. But I could be wrong. I know that 20" wheels are now available for Mitsubishi Lancers, so anything is possible.

#4 ·
My guess would be 19's as well. But be warned, are you sure you want to pay over $400 for each tyre. I'm running 17's and my tyres are around teh $350 mark for decent ones.
Just food for thought...

G
#5 ·
Yes 18"s or 19's was what i was thinking too, about the price - yes they are damn expensive but I guess from the look you get from them it is worth it...

I assume the car would also need to be lowered a few inches too after fitting such large rims??

#6 ·
There are several AUs with 18s in Canberra and at least one T Series with 19s. Anyone wandering the back of the pits at the Cnberra 400 would see half of one Canberra dealers used car XR fleet parked in back.

The tyre and rim width would be more of a problem (8", 9", 91/2"?) as the rolling diameter should be as close as possible from 17-19". There was one T series with 245/35/19.

#7 ·
just a question about gettin ur guards lipped, do u have to take out the inner guard liner??? do does it stay there???
i just think that without that guard liner u woudl get all stone chips on the inside of ur guards and in some cases i guess u could also dint ur guards fron stones flyin up fron ya tires??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.