me got a bargain me thinks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2002, 04:40   #1 (permalink)
No longer around

me got a bargain me thinks

a mate of mine is wrecking a XF s pack so i bought a few bits for my ute

i got the dash, all air con bits, all the grey plastic trim bits (mine has the poo brown interior cept for the seats/ door trims!!! lol) carpet, roof lining, hard to get intrtoir light cover a right seat belt and a left mirror!, all for the low price of 75 bucks!!!

i also am getting off a V8 ZJ fairlane a disc to disc LSD rear end with 2.92's for 100 bucks

bargains or what!

my question is has anyone here ever fitted air con to a non air XF before, how hard is it (keeping in mind that im completely changing the dash and inner dash) is the electrics for the air con compressor in the XF regardless of weather they have it fitted or not?
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2002, 05:21   #2 (permalink)
351 - What a magic number

Uteman, pretty sure that you'll have no problems dashwise, but as far as the rest of the wiring loom goes, I'm not 100% sure.
Have a look around your alternator, and see if you can find a (blue I think) wire with a plastic plug. This will be the A/C clutch wire. If it's there, then everything else will be a snack. Depending on the utes build date, the wiring for the pressure switch in the A/C gas circuit will either be up near the bonnet hinge, or down just in front of the left shocky tower. Look for two seperate spade connectors. Can't be sure of their colours though. With your Fairlane diff, make sure you get the handbrake cable with it. If you already have rear disc's, this shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise you will have to hunt down the right cable, as a drum brake one won't fit. I'm in the process of doing the similar job on my XD ute project. Also mate, I think you'll have to change the proportioning spring / valve in your brake master cylinder. There are different ones to suit disc / disc, and disc / drum brake combinations. A trip to a good brake shop might be in order..
Hope this helps!

Ed :)

HSV - I just don't want one....EVER!

My XF 3 on the tree ute is ALWAYS stuck in third......
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 05:29   #3 (permalink)
No longer around

she is march 86 mod as the s pack were recking. dunno the month tho

yeah shes disc/drum at the mo, but the lano doesnt have any handbrake cable, but not to worry as a mate runs a ford wreckers here in geelong

im considering using a XG or similar brake booster/etc (as mines starting to rust - as they do )what do you think of this idea?
Old 07-02-2002, 18:33   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Did the XG use a different brake booster? I'm sure the XH would have on the other hand...

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 00:46   #5 (permalink)
No longer around

i dont know jack i was goin on the fact that the XG XR6 has ABS so i'd presume so. if it isnt different then at least it will be a lot newer than XF parts that are out there!
Old 07-03-2002, 00:48   #6 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Cool Well if that is the case, it will probably be the same as the EB II Falcon part, which would be more plentiful at wreckers. Good luck with it

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 04:09   #7 (permalink)

G`day guys I`ve done the conversion from drum diff to disc diff in my old XD.I used the master cylinder out of the donor car and the cable which needs a bracket fitted to the floorpan on the pass side from memory. The cable is longer than the sedan cable so go for the Fairlane one.
Tis a good conversion.
Shambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 04:30   #8 (permalink)
No longer around

only prob is that my mate that im getting the diff off is keeping the master cyl as he got the fairlane as a rolling shell to do up with he is fitting a 9 inch, so im getting the diff outa it

so i cant get any stuff other than the diff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech