Modification time - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2002, 22:15   #1 (permalink)
Dreamer

Modification time

Ok, my plan is to spend no more that 5000 on my EF Fairmont 6 cyl, it has been lowered, so thats all taken care of.

now, the plans i have are

new cam - herrod or crow cam (about $400 i should be able to get it cheaper)

- extractors, can get at trade price, pacemaker or herrod again
- 2.5" mandrel bent, do i need it or not, want performance, not poofy drooning noise

-17" polished XR8 replicas ($2000 fitted)

-tickford fairmont body kit, minus boot spoiler (appro. $1500 fitted n sprayed)

-dba slotted rotors all corners, and new pads, plus riced up sprayed red calipers (fitrted for about $600 or less, trade prices again)

so thats just around the 4k-5k mark... is there anything else others would want, or fit to their pride n joy

advice, ideas anyone?

cheers
South

P.S. im not blowing the engine, until i own the car fully. then the blower will be fitted :)
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2002, 04:13   #2 (permalink)

you doing this to make the car pretty? or would you like advice on how to increase your power?
BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint, Momo Steering, Momo Shifter, Leather, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Premium Brakes, 20" X 8.5" HP Hekitk Wheels. Herrod Lowering Springs and Chip, Brad Garlic Reprogramme, NO REAR SPOILER.
Kawasaki ZX 10R, Lime Green. 0-100kms/hr 2.8 sec, 0-160kms/hr in under 5.5 sec. 0-400m 9.4 sec. First gear sees you to 185kms/hr. THE CHAMP IS HERE!
Kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 14:33   #3 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

If you have 4-5k to blow at once, consider ringing Jim Mock Motorsport and getting the Dev 4 or Dev 5 package. You could be looking at up to 170rwkW (175 is you go Dev 5a, very lumpy cam) which in a 6cyl Fairmontwould be the ultimate NA sleeper!

Packages contain cam, exhaust, head work, etc. Read the article at Autospeed (it's a freebie one) and that will expalin more.
Old 02-28-2002, 16:38   #4 (permalink)
Dreamer

ive read that article over n over, but living on the otherside of australia, means me having to strip down the head, send it over east, have them work there magic on it, send the parts over here, and me refit everything, bit of a costly thing.

yes, im doing these things to make the car more prettier, each to there own, its my daily driver, i dont need anything wild, tho i would like a 170kW at the treads daily, but its not feasible.

and face it, if your going to spend money on performance parts, you should start with a V8, or a turbo. i made the mistake of picking up a 6 fairmont, i love it, but a V8 would of been the ultimate.

anyhows, thanks for the ideas
Old 02-28-2002, 16:40   #5 (permalink)
Dreamer

oh, and Kypez, suggest some power increases for the 6 please.
cam, exhaust and proper cold air induction is what im getting amongst these mods, chip is not worth bothering with IMO at the moment.

what else would you suggest
Old 02-28-2002, 17:04   #6 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

A Crow/Herrod cam, a good system with headers, 2.5" exhaust and high flow cat with a decent snorkel/air filter will give good gains. A UniChip will help again as the 6's run reasonably rich. You could also try upping the compression a little and having it tuned for premium unleaded.

Go for it in the looks department as well, I am. Bit of both is very healthy!
Old 02-28-2002, 17:24   #7 (permalink)
Dreamer

ive got the cold air induction happening already, just need to improve it more, was thinking a 3" brake duct pipe from the bumper (i have 2x 2" from the bumper now) or maybe go all out, with a mandrel bent 3" stainless steel pipe from the bumper to the airbox. need the decent air filter now.

cam from crow i shall get, coz at trade price for me, and headers from pacemaker, also at trade price, will be naughty and not use a cat, or just gut one, like my current one is. UniChip was quoted at 1400 installed and dyno tuned, i think thats a bit expensive for my likings, i run on premo already, and the EECV has learnt on premo so thats all good.

looks is very important i think, you cant have a rust bucket running around that flogs everything, sleepers rock, but i want to be in something that looks a treat, makes you feel a lil better (if u know what i mean)

thanks fro your input venom xr
Old 02-28-2002, 17:38   #8 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

I know what you mean mate.. I got an Allan Moffatt HO kit fitted to mine & looks sweet (well I believe so) & now with the 347 stroker kit it does go just as good as it looks.....
As long as you like it who cares go for it

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 17:43   #9 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Ohh yeah pix in car stuff in showroom also posted by me..

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 17:59   #10 (permalink)
Dreamer

yeppers, so true, build your car the way you want it

no shit, but this is how your pic loaded on my screen, unless you did it in photoshop, its a classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech