Modifications for EF Falcon? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2001, 11:23   #1 (permalink)
exodius

Modifications for EF Falcon?

I got a 95 EF falcon.
Already got sports suspension done, sway bars will be done shortly (lack of funding!) and sports exhaust+hiflowcat+extractors shortly too.

Can anyone suggest any other modifications? I am running it on LPG, i am awaiting reply on a High Performance LPG Kit quote now and other then that i dont know what to do?

Chips dont do a whole lot other then let you go over 180km/h really.

So anyone have any suggestions maybe?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2001, 14:59   #2 (permalink)
XR Wannabee

I would be interested to hear what the quote is on the High Performance Gas kit, let us know when u find out...

I also own a 95 EF converted to gas, mine sounds pretty similar to yours, I have done suspension and exhaust too but I find that the gas conversion seriously limits the performance.

Thanks,
Spinksy
Spinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 16:49   #3 (permalink)
XRFALCON

Just like to ask firstly how low are your cars and who you are insured with.Mine's lowered 2inches and the insures doesn't like it that low.
Old 11-03-2001, 12:18   #4 (permalink)
exodius

im running pedders progressive rate springs.

front is low, rear is a little higher (how i wanted it because i take 4-5 ppl often in my car).

my friend has kmac suspension, lowered 1.5 on the front, and 2 on the back so its even heigh front/back. he is also insured like me thru NRMA.

you just tell them the suspension your running is the same as the tickford suspension, they ask why is it so low when u have an accident? tell them none of their business or your shocks are worn and was soon to be changed.... :)

OR, do what i do, chat up the NRMA Insurance chics.. lol =)

And to Spinksy:
The High Performance LPG Kit will kill petrol driven cars, for the simple fact the ULP has 94 RON and Optimax/Premium ULP has 98, wherefore LPG has 110 RON.

Hence the "Predator" runs on a HIGH performance LPG kit as well on a Supercharged Engine (EL).

I will be finding out as soon as i give specs to my mates friend whose doing it for me.

If u want a quote, ill need to know if u have extractors + hi flow cat + exhaust, chip, engine modifications (example, higgin bottom shaves their reco engines down by 2 inches for LPG spec giving a HIGHER compression rate making the car go excuse me *****IN* hard like my mates does).

All that infomation is "critical" according to the LPG guy so he can find the exact kit to put in and tune it properly.

Another thing u can do is cold air induction like shown on the tech pages. And ignore the snorkel, it does shit all. Also look at www.trueblueford.com (sorry guys) visitor's cars;- has 2/3 fords that the owners actually made up their normal air induction filter to mild steel and polished it back to chrome. check it out, you will see what i mean.

:) laters..

anyone else with any other suggestions other then nos/supercharge/turbo plz help? :)

Old 11-07-2001, 20:04   #5 (permalink)
XR Wannabee

My car has Genie Extractors with 2.5inch cat back exhaust with a single lukey sports muffler (standard cat) Also have a K&N filter and have done the cold air induction through the front bumper. Other than that its a stocker engine wise.

So I take it that this kit will run gas only? Sounds good if thats the case, I am very interested :)

Also, speaking of trueblueford.com my car is in the EF visitors pages, its Glenns EF Gli if you wanna have a peek
Spinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 21:59   #6 (permalink)
exodius

spinksy:
nice ef :p, suggestion, tint your rear lights, not to dark, but lightly, will look good :) especially since your car is a dark colour.

also read through it properly for once, if you want a xr6, simple, get diff ratio and gear ratio and your camshaft adjusted/changed (which isnt to much) .

i test drove a "fairlane TICKFORD EL", one of 106 in australia, had a v8, but a "adaptive shift" gearbox, f$#% it went hard! my god, nothing ive driven has gone as hard as that thing, and i have driven turbos to chargers.

i will find out what i can with the lpg system, your out of tuning thing, is probbbably because you change to petrol all the time. you have to remember, stock LPG system from the factory runs off the computer, yours doesnt, neither does mine.

when u tune for lpg, and go to petrol it changes, and goes all weird, and vice versa if you get me? only run petrol if thats the case, if not, you have a shit mechanice, lol!

you need to lower your car ! would look nice :)

but yeah, exact specs or future exact specs would be good to know for anyone else who is interested in a High Performance LPG Kit for their falcon.

Remember people.
LPG Has 110 RON* (compared to ULP's 92 RON / premium unleaded 96 RON). The right unit, the right tune, you'd be saving money and gettin your power :)

Old 11-07-2001, 22:09   #7 (permalink)
exodius

spinksy..
find me on msn or icq (exodius00@hotmail.com) or 33175085.

ill explain to u a few things there
i keep forgettin to come to site, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech