More power - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2002, 21:55   #1 (permalink)
180-rw-kw-ef

Red face More power

All you guy playing around with pacemakers and genie edited by russellw. Give Jim Mock a call he has done 12 months of development into the 3.9/4.0 litre engines, he designed a exhaust system that give you 112kw at the wheels, which is pretty good from the standard 92kw. and for $980 fitted and dyno,ed thats just the first step. He had developed cams and heads which on the standard bottom end can give you up to 170-rw-kw, and you get some freaks that get more (eg: 180-rw-kw-ef) that will cost you $4900 fitted and tuned, for me because i fitted it myself cost $2400 for the bits. which is pretty good, better than a turbo, and totally legal. SO WHEN YOU ROLL UP NEXT TO A CLUBSPORT YOU WILL BLOW HIM AWAY, easily. For more info give Jim Mock Motorsport a call on 9399 4401 and tell him Joel gave you his number.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2002, 23:25   #2 (permalink)

So your EF has 180 at the treads? Any dyno charts, 1/4mile times, videos etc?
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Old 10-26-2002, 23:31   #3 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

180kw at the wheels... is only about 20rwkw away from the TS50... a 5.6 stroker V8.

You telling me a I6 is that special... naturally aspirated?
Old 10-26-2002, 23:41   #4 (permalink)
magoo

I will believe all of Mocks figures and dino charts when we get some real evidence. His son so i have been told used to work for powerchip or some one like that and Jim himself used to sell cars.
Now I'm not saying that his quotes for power increases are wrong but with that sort of experience behind his development team I am a bit unsure.
So far I have used Herrods and SVO for my performance upgrades as both these crews have their testing proven, and they come from a racing background.
Jim's dev kits have been out for awhile now and we are still waiting for some hard evidence. And most of the advice I have received about him has been cautious at best.
So guys, you blokes with the kits please post your 1/4 mile runs and dino charts and lets see.
If Jim has got it right then I would love to do business with him but untill I'm sure I'll just keep with the tried and true.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 10-26-2002, 23:48   #5 (permalink)
180-rw-kw-ef

Havent done a 1/4 mile just as yet. calder park was called off today due to the weather so i couldnt race. Autospeed did a write up on what Jim has done. http://www.autospeed.com.au/A_1274/P_1/article.html
go here and read what they wrote. they test drove his car and they were amazed, evern after they in there twin turbo supra and skyline gts4 (as said by them in the article)

Old 10-26-2002, 23:53   #6 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Gee.. that is really something to go by...

sorry but i am not impressed... mind you, i have a dev3 kit.
Old 10-27-2002, 00:00   #7 (permalink)
180-rw-kw-ef

Chubbz, 130kw aint to bad, hes quoted 140kw for the dev3 kit, you cant expect every car to be the same, the dev5 kit is quoted 170kw, and i got 180. i supose i was just lucky. how many km's has your engine done?

Old 10-27-2002, 00:56   #8 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Its just past 130,000 k's.
Yes 130kw aint bad, but its whats expected with a cam/exhaust/headers set-up, from any performance shop. =)
Old 10-27-2002, 01:25   #9 (permalink)
180-rw-kw-ef

edited by russellw

You have a PM

Old 10-27-2002, 05:42   #10 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

yes, well...i have a set of JMM extractors sitting in my room as i type, just got them on friday and am having the exhaust fitted on wednesday, (my own preference exhaust, not the JMM one, purely from a $$$point of view) so we will see how much kW a set of destractors and a decent exhaust can provide.

mind you, my car has issues, i got it dynoed and it made 133hp at like 3500rpm, running leaner than an ethiopian and with a BUGGERED exhaust...i think i have fixed the lean issue, and i will dyno the car after i have had the exhaust for about a fortnight, to allow the computer to get used to the extra flow....it better make some decent hp or i will sell the bloody thing!

ChuBBz, mate 130kw at the treads isnt bad!!! there is a guy from the ea club that has done heaps more work then what a DEV 3 entails, and he only has about 128kW at the treads i think, thats including a decked and ported head, cam, 3.45:1 diff, 5 speed, EF intake manifold, chiptorque reprogrammable chip etc. he does have a FAT power curve though, his car is a MACHINE, if i ever get mine to be that quick i will be VERY happy!

but 130kW is 20kW more than an XR falcon, with less mods: DEV 3 = exhaust, cam, filter, plugs. XR6 = half-assed exhaust, bigger valves, more compression, differnt cam, bigger holes in the head, stronger valve springs, differnt plugs...

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech