MPFI conversion done, hmmmmm - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2002, 18:49   #1 (permalink)
Brent79

MPFI conversion done, hmmmmm

Ok guyz, its been done. CFI is now an MPFI and i can sorta
say that im a little dissapointed :( I expected the 20kw gain
to be a bit more noticable! Maybe its coz i got a heavy wagon but i expected to really notice a difference in acceleration but
i didnt really. Its slightly more responsive but nothing like the
4.0L EB2 i drove awhile back. I will get my Auto bands adjusted next week and see if that adds to the overall sluggish
ride of the wagon. Least now its done and i dont need to keep wondering. All up cost was around the $850 mark give or take a few bucks. Are those K&N drop in filters worth the $100+ ? What did u think GRK?

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2002, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

was the $850 all parts (ie, did you do the work yourself) or was this the price of parts and labour? That must be very disappointing if you don't really notice any difference. Is the car running ok or does it need a tune maybe? GRK said his ran rough when he first started it and it needed a service.
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 19:04   #3 (permalink)
Brent79

$850 total, parts and labour! Yeah, appears to be running OK
I guess i was just expecting too much maybe. I does go harder i just had higher expectations. Maybe with a few intake and exhaust mods she will go well :)

Brent
Old 02-25-2002, 19:35   #4 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

Shit that's a pretty good price! Whats the breakdown on Parts and labour seperatly? Did you have it dyno tuned? Who did the work if you don't mind me asking?

yeah the exhaust should get it going a bit harder...
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 20:01   #5 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

****en Quick

Damn that didn't take long to do! the guy do it in a day hey?
How did the situation with the dizzy go?

I wouldnt of thought the extra 20kw would make a big difference, like it wouldn't throw u into the back of the seat any harder

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 20:10   #6 (permalink)

Re: ****en Quick

nows a good time to put a crow cam in if you havnt already. that should be more noticible
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 21:04   #7 (permalink)
ben

I heard they were better on fuel and thats about it. Apparently the torque and power difference are only little tweaks to the fuel injection system because it has a higher pressure than CFI units (which can be tweaked by using better injectors and appropriate fuel pump and lines) (which can cost up to $600 in parts anyway, and at new it only costed $500 to buy a MPI instead of CFI. I got a feeling ford didnt really think it was a big deal and that they made something unique and reliable, maintenance free with the CFI. Who knows

well done on converting anyway and hope you enjoy the more consistant fuel economy.

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 21:16   #8 (permalink)
THEGRK2000

Well Done Mate,

Yeah i didnt notice a differance either intill you get to 3000rmp, then it puts me into my seat, and also dont forget that the eb 4.0ltr "feels" quikr coz of its gearing and the 4spd auto, some thing as the ford and holdens story we had earlier... i knew that the difference wouldnd be that gr8 intil i change my gearing dude...

Anyway have you notices any differances in fuel con???
Old 02-25-2002, 21:36   #9 (permalink)
ben

sorry guys...

i should mention the information i provided was actually true to an auto, apparently manual MPI's are absolute rockets.

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 07:03   #10 (permalink)

Yep I can back that up. My bro has a 5 speed mpi and it is a rocket. I have also driven an NA Fairlane and couldn't really notice the extra power. Probably because of the extra weight.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech