Musical Air Horns? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2003, 16:47   #1 (permalink)
jjj

Musical Air Horns?

I am thinking about installing a set of musical air horns in my ea falcon like the ones you can buy from supercheap for $50. I will mount them where the air box sits on mpi cars as my car is centre point injected. I have a few questions?
1) Anyone had insurance dramas with air horns.
2) As long as you wire them up seperate to your car horn the cops or transport department can't give you a defect notice. (true or false)
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2003, 16:57   #2 (permalink)
1998 Tickford AU Fairmont

yeah as long as you wire them up separate, you will have no dramas, just dont go using them around cops and stuff.

I currently have a Claxon (off a '28 model ford) where the air box would sit on a MPI, and have it wired up to a boot release switch in the car, and i have had no troubles with it. i will to soon be getting Musical air horns for my ea but mount them in the front bar somewhere.

Cheers.
Mini Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 19:31   #3 (permalink)
jjj

Re: Musical Air Horns?

Anyone just connected the normal 2 trumpet air horn directly to the wires from the existing horn. It is running via a 40amp relay next to the battery so there should't be any drama's. My car horn at the moment just doesn't put out enough sound!
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 20:02   #4 (permalink)
AKA: Spaniard

I got a musical air horn. Got mine from Autobarn. They did it for me. My one has 5 trumpets. It's located just under the coolant holder between the wall and the headers. It's the Cucuracha song. Goes mad esp. in multilevel carparks where it echoes. I have a selector switch mounted in the empty space next to the demister switch. Press the normal horn and use the switch to change horns. Haven't had anything yet but as said above, just be careful around cops. They are allowed to give you a canary if they see it though. I rang VicRoads to check up.

Last edited by VH-PBC; 09-17-2003 at 20:05.
VH-PBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 20:21   #5 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

I was waiting for you to reply to this! Memories of driving down very narrow back streets in Melb
Old 09-17-2003, 20:38   #6 (permalink)

HAHAHA! I was also waiting for a response from someone reminding me of that night! Was a great trip though.

My slogan: "Chapel Street blocked? Call Spaniard, he'll get you all the way through in 10 minutes!"
Old 09-17-2003, 20:49   #7 (permalink)

But seriously, musical air horns go mad because not many people play them on the roads. The chicks love hearing it but not when they're IN the car. You can really scare the living sh*ts out of someone that is not expecting it (and what a sight to see!). People laugh when you tell them that you've got one and laugh even harder when they hear it coming from your car.

If you like it, go for it but the more trumpets, the more expensive. Good luck.

Last edited by VH-PBC; 09-17-2003 at 20:54.
VH-PBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 22:51   #8 (permalink)

Re: Re: Musical Air Horns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
I was waiting for you to reply to this! Memories of driving down very narrow back streets in Melb
BWAHAHAHAH!
every 5 minutes!
Spaniards is great!!!!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech