My ea is close to unfixable? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2002, 22:53   #1 (permalink)

My ea is close to unfixable?

hi

for the past 2 weeks i have been takin my car back and forth to my mechanic and my auto electrition. The problem it has...

if i push the pedal down to quick, it stalls, and i smell petrol, so basicaly it is flooding the motor or something. today, i was crossing over a busy intersection and the fk*in thing just stalled, and a truck almost cleaned me up. so, i started her up, after 10 min of being in the middle of the road, and drove it to my mecanic. we stood there for 20 min, i made it stall, and we tried to get her started, finaly she did. we checked sparks, oils, reset computer, and nothing was lookin good. i slowly drove it home, and called up a few places to get the car analyzed. i took it to ULTRA TUNE, near aiport west (for those who live close), and i showed the guy what happends. Within a few seconds he poped up the bonnet, and said 'Yep', bring her in monday ill hook her up to the computer and do a analzysis. (dyno etc) ok, so sweet, monday 8am i will dop her off. Now, seriosuly, i called up around 20 places before hand, and they all said, NO, i am not gona touch an EA. im like, wtf? anyways. if anyone has had any simliar problems, or anything, and i mean anything that may help, because by the looks of things i am just gona sell the car or get a new motor put in, (even though i am close to broke).please post a reply. I realy want this car to run well, cose i wann do it up :). thanks.

p.s just to let everyone know, this problem has been going for ages, and at one stage, 5 months ago it was at my mecanics for 4 weeks.
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
1LOWEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2002, 23:00   #2 (permalink)

sounds like you need a new mechanic!!!
harasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 23:04   #3 (permalink)

i have taken the car to 4 mecanis man, lmao. even bridstone said they dont wanna attempt to find the problem. so my only hop is ultra tune, hope they can find the problem.
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
Old 12-06-2002, 01:12   #4 (permalink)

I guess you have already checked the timing. Sounds like something it would do if it was really far out.
ARM79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 14:36   #5 (permalink)

yeh that was checked aswell. i will post back on monday morning with what they have found doing the tests.
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
Old 12-06-2002, 16:18   #6 (permalink)

That is very weird that no-one can find the problem.

It is also very weird that no-one wants to look at an EA. I've never experienced this before no matter what problem I've had with the car.

If they've checked all the basics, have they checked the injectors/throttle body/pressure tested the cylinders, fuel pump just to name a few?

It could also be your transmission... It might need to be looked at. If everything else has been looked at (dizzy etc..) then just buy a new motor, because by the sounds of it, your only gonna get about a grand for it if you sell it.

Dave
antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 03:58   #7 (permalink)

yep, i want a new motor, :) how much would it cost to get a 3.9ltr mpfi motor? mine is cfi atm
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
Old 12-08-2002, 16:01   #8 (permalink)
EA Falcon.com Member

My guess would be your throttle body might need cleaning, or your oxygen sensor has kacked it. Have you tried taking the car to a normal everyday mechanic or have you only been taking it to big brandname places like Ultratune? You would probably save yourself a LOT of money by finding a decent mechanic that works for themselves.

Also, have you had the ISC motor reset? Back when I was having problems with my TPS I was disconnecting stuff all over the place to see what was causing the problem. I disconnected the ISC motor and when I reconnected it the car was running super rich. When I pulled up at traffic lights the stink of petrol was getting me honked and yelled at!

I wouldn't give up. It's much cheaper to spend $200 - $300 fixing a problem then going nuts and buying a new motor (which would require extra stuff like a new fuel pump etc if you were going for a multi point)

3.9 CFI Falcon. King Springs, Monroe GT Shockers. Formula 1 Tinted windows. Pioneer 3350 Head Unit, 12" JL Audio Sub. 6"-9" Pioneer 3 Ways, 4" Clarion 2 Ways, 500watt Schneider Amp, 222watt Sony Xplode Amp. Really shitty 14" Jelly Beans
Clutterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 22:11   #9 (permalink)

Words of wisdom from Clutterz.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:26   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

Have you replaced the "O" rings inside the injectors (CFI) ? My mates car was stalling , stinking of fuel and flooding all the time,his mechanic replaced the TFI module , the whole dizzy , fuel pump and it still carried on.
I replaced the "O" rings and now its as good as gold.......cost about $10 for the genuine parts......
Daz
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech