Ford Forums banner

My new toy.

4K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  KenOath 
#1 ·
After a lot of punishment, the ole T5 had pretty much died.

I contacted Mal Wood Automotive about 6 weeks ago, asking about a T56 kit for my baby, and it finally went in on saturday.

I am still getting used to it (espscially the short shifter), but love it so far.

I still have my 3.27:1 diff, but plan to change that in the very near future.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have to say thanks to Mick, "ebxr8240", and jamie for installing it.

Also - a big thanks to Ben from Mal woods for all your assistance (and even giving me your private mobile number so we could call you for help)

#5 ·
I can tell you that this bax can handle the throws of dragracing. I helped a buddy of mine drop one in....or should i say raise one up in his Impala. I gave it a spin on the track. Needless to say this box was handling slam shifting and a run of 11.38's without probs. I know of several fbody owners that have them and get 10's and one guy with a TA getting high 9's

It should handle the abuse.

BTW Kell that exhaust is a little large there.

#8 ·
dragonV8 said:
Great buy Kelli. Going in competition with A.P. ???????
What's next?? 3.7 : 1 ???? 13's ....here we come.
I "think" it's more of a "strength" thing and better driving on long trips etc.More durable..Than 1/4 mile stuff..Though will take ANY abuse, I reckon..

#10 ·
Do you rob banks for a living Kelli LOL?:s6: A new exhaust one week, a new gearbox the next, what's next, a s/c perhaps?

#11 ·
Well i haven't heard of a Green ED XR8 used for ram raids. :p :p :p

Kell, what does it rev at 100km/h in 6th. You probably can do like 200km/h at like 2500rpm. :crazy1: :crazy1:

#13 ·
here is another pic...

I got the gear box cos my T5 was pretty much dead. It was making all sorts of strange noises (especially at the drags). I was after something that could handle the power my motor has, plus any future mods I do.

I had always planned on getting a 6 speed, (I used to bug my ex about it about 3 years ago).. So when I needed a new gear box, I rang Mal Wood.

Its pretty cool so far. Still need to get a lower diff ratio (thinking 3.9:1 or 4.11:1 at the moment)

And - no I dont rob banks or sell drugs, or any other silly things like that!! I am actually unemployed.

#16 ·
XR8chic said:

this is an unedited photo...
Geez i like that 1500rpm at 170km/h. Talk about relaxed. Kell i see your running your car close to empty again. :noNO: :noNO: :MUha: :MUha:

#18 ·
Hobbes - what is it with you holden boys?!? Both you and Strife seem to have a fascination with the knob..

cant for the life of me figure it out...

:p :s6:

hehe

Oh - and as for the picture of my speedo - I wonder if anyone can guess what little trick I did

The photo is unedited. (seriously)

#22 ·
I know - I know !!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.