my system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2002, 15:12   #1 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

my system

I bought the sub that goodz was selling, 500wrms earthquake, everyone so far is impressed. I talked to a few places about some amps and there werent many aruond that will power it well. Anyway theres one guys thats going to install a JL 500wrms mono block amp with 12'' band pass box. Theres gonna be a pipe heading up through the back parcel shelf to get some extra dBs and he says there will be at least 145dB comeing out of that one subbie when its done. It will cost me $1470 for all the installations and the amp, better be damm good.
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2002, 17:19   #2 (permalink)
ex ea driver

that should sound pritty sweet when u get it all done, but y dont u have a bit of fun, and at the same time save money, and install all the stuff ya self?????? i must say its a very rewarding thing to do, so far i have installed my speakers and amp, as well as head unit, and sometimes u h8 it, but at the end its all worth it when u hear the finished product.
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 17:38   #3 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

yeh

Well I think im going to go after a sealed box afterall. I like the guys down at gary's they are very good at professional installations. I like to have it perfect and myself would do it shit
Old 05-10-2002, 21:28   #4 (permalink)
The Goodz

Re: yeh

Glenn it's not hard to do a good job, just take your time and be careful. Those places charge heaps for installations, and in my opinion not worth it. What are they gonna do, wire it all up, do a simple amp mounting and a basic sealed box? It's all terribly easy shit. You heard my system, and that was 100% installed by me. Everything. Only the box for the 12s I didn't build, but that will be replaced soon with one built by me, and it will be heaps better than it currently is.

Seriously, you can learn heaps from it all and when you show it off to people you can also show off the fact that you did it all yourself, and be proud. I know I am, and the same would go for Bass Crazy and SPHELL and everyone else has done it themselves.

Alex
Old 05-10-2002, 22:34   #5 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

ok

Thanks goodz for your comments, you are probably right and I know it. I dont have any or the tools yet though to make the box or anything or the knowlesge to do so. So this case its just easier to save up my cash and get em to do it. but your system did sound good and you did well man
Old 05-11-2002, 09:43   #6 (permalink)
The Goodz

Re: ok

Thanks mate...

Do you know of anybody who has the tools to make it? Maybe a friend or relo... Hey Rmyers has no tools whatsoever, maybe a screwdriver, but I think that's it, and he managed to get everything built. I feel sorry for the poor bugger who he conned into building the thing for him... Hang on a sec, that was me. Shit.

Alex

P.S. Just kidding Rmyers
Old 05-13-2002, 13:08   #7 (permalink)
The Goodz

Re: ok

(this is Rmyers1) Hey man I bought one of those JL audio 500wrms amps at first to power my rockford fosgate, and let me tell you, it barely moved the damn thing. It cost me $1000 for the JL amp, so I got my money back and bought a V12 for the same price which does about 3 times the power. (I don't care what you say CATman, that V12 amp does do 1500wrms).

You should get the V12 so that your set up for any upgrades you want to do later on. When you get $750 call the goodz and I'll find out if that V12 my mates got is still available.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:40   #8 (permalink)
rmyers1

AHHHHHHHHHHHH DAMMIT

Dammit i was wrong, the V12 does 1500w max, 900wrms. Man I'm pissed off now, but it still does a hell of alot more than the JL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech