NC 5.0L Intake Snorkel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2002, 04:49   #1 (permalink)
NCsleeper

biggrin NC 5.0L Intake Snorkel

G'day all.

I currently have my hands on an NC V8, and I'm looking for cost effective breathing improvements (the car is getting stripped and rebuilt next year, so I don't wanna spend heaps).

Does anyone know if an EL / AU / AUII XR Intake Snorkel will fit the airbox on an EB / NC? The connector between the box and snorkel are similar, however the EB's use a crappy plastic shroud around the engine fan which may effect mounting points. The car is already running a K&N panel filter. Everyone I seem to ask gives me a different answer!

Also, does anyone know if the larger MAF sensor from an EL / AU XR would fit onto an EB without casuing confusion to the computer? I heard somehwere that EB-ED computers were only calibrated for MAF sensors upto 55mm. Is this true???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2002, 05:11   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

The EL XR8 snorkle is the best, and cheapest upgrade available (about $20-$30). The AU one requires some modifications to fit it on, and doesn't breath as well as the EL unit, but it does have the tickford wings on it.

The MAF is calibrated to the size of the injectors you have. The AU's use a different plug on their MAF's so they cannot be used. On a stock engine, a larger MAF is not needed. Once you start with some other mods, you will then need to get a larger MAF and injectors to suit each other.

First mods to do are to get the EL snorkle and K&N airfilter, then extractors and exhaust (the stock exhaust manifold is very restrictive). Next, get rid of the standard fan and get some EL electric thermo fans.

After that, you look at heads, intake, throttle body, MAF and injectors. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 07:04   #3 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

Interesting note about the MAF. Been doing a bit of research on these over the past couple of days. The AU maf will fit if you change the plug, but the AU maf is still only calibrated for 19's, they changed the computer program to compensate. So if you get hold of a AU MAF and either just swap the hotwire over or change the plug and you're set with a 70mm MAF.
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech