Need Help!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2003, 00:29   #1 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

frown Need Help!!!

I just got home from down town, got out of the car, and i hear this hissing noise, so i look under the car and see all this coolant. I very quickly pop the bonnet and see all this coolant coming from under the injectors (is there a hose under there?). I really didn't need this, I'm broke, the rego just came, and now this....
Please help guys, please give me your opinions on what this is.
I'm really hoping it's just a shit hose that's finally hit the dust...

NOT HAPPY JAN
Mason.
Thanks in advance.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2003, 00:49   #2 (permalink)
Ex Member

on my Ef 6 i had a similar problem, the heater hose and valve were right there and when they gave way they pissed coolant everywhere around that general area, including all over the coil pack, especialy with the miss firing, i was convinced i had blown the head gasket, untill i saw what really happend..

May not apply to you, as i dont know where the heater hose runs in an ED, but have a look under the car to see if its split if its even around there. Or like me, i couldnt see it at first, whack some coolant in there or atleast some distilled water, start it up and see where its comming from....

If its comming from between the head and the block, prepare to find some clean underware, you'll need it, when you find out the price of repair.
Old 04-23-2003, 00:59   #3 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Quote:
Originally posted by Fairlane Boy
on my Ef 6 i had a similar problem, the heater hose and valve were right there and when they gave way they pissed coolant everywhere around that general area, including all over the coil pack, especialy with the miss firing, i was convinced i had blown the head gasket, untill i saw what really happend..
Thanks mate, i think i have the same problem, because the hose i saw under there was the heater hose.
Mine lost almost all it's coolant so i will not be game to start it untill i put some water in there or something to see where it comes from.
I'm just lucky whatever happened, happened when i got home. otherwise i might have been eating a fried 4.0 litre engine for tea :err:

Cheers
Mason.
PS: any other opinions?
Old 04-23-2003, 01:11   #4 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

ohh and I was shitting myself, straight away I though "not a F#*K$@G head gasket, engine was rebuilt 40,000 ago".
I'm still hoping it's that hose, but I'm pretty sure it is.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:55   #5 (permalink)
brenlam

I have the same problem in my ea...i couldnt tell where it was coming from though? It almost looked like it was coming from the overflow hose...maybe theres something weird happening with the radiator cap
Old 04-23-2003, 05:06   #6 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Ok i know it's the hose, me and my dad put water in and i saw it coming out the heater hosing. Will get some new hosing and fix it on sunday.
Cheers guys.
Ohhh and i would have to take the injectors off to get to it hey?
Mason.
Old 04-24-2003, 20:52   #7 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Ok I'm fixing it now as we speak (well trying) but....I cannot get the clip off the hose (small one). Can anyone help me out here?
I took the injector rail off but still can't. Please help guys, would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Mason.
Old 04-25-2003, 00:54   #8 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Ok i've done it now, buttttt... the car won't start. I've put everything back on how it was before i took it off... :(
Hopefully I'm not talking to myself this time and someone could actually help .
Old 04-25-2003, 01:10   #9 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

ohh and i did take the fail rail off to allow more space, so this could have something to do with it?
*me thinks i'm going crazy, and talking to myself*
Old 04-25-2003, 02:49   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

What do you mean wont start? Does it crank?

Have you put the fuel rail on properly?

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech