Need Help: Engine light on and Car stalls from 20mph-30mph as well as shifting - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 11:41   #1 (permalink)

Need Help: Engine light on and Car stalls from 20mph-30mph as well as shifting

Hi guys I am new to the forum and am glad to find other great ford focus enthusiasts. I drive a 2002 ford focus LX with about 60k miles,great all around car. I need your help or advice for my issue.

My cars engine light is on (on the left side of the gauge cluster) and the issue is my car seems to have a problem accelerating from 20mph to 30mph its fine after that but then the car does the same thing from 50 mph to 70 mph. The car seems to be having trouble finding gears but runs good after it reaches a steady cruising speed. I'm thinking it could be timing, transmission, or maybe computer. I do the normal maintenance (ie; oil, tires) but have yet to do a tune up. Also I was told from my brake shop (brake max) that my shock is worn in the left rear.

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated.

jay
LXFord02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 15:24   #2 (permalink)
wasnt me

Re: Need Help: Engine light on and Car stalls from 20mph-30mph as well as shifting

needs to be scanned by a shop, computer has a code and will tell u what is wrong, most likely a speed sensor
Old 11-09-2006, 17:41   #3 (permalink)

Re: Need Help: Engine light on and Car stalls from 20mph-30mph as well as shifting

Another member from the forum was saying that it might be the shift solenoid. I believe he's had the same issue. Have you ever had a issue such as this.
LXFord02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 13:18   #4 (permalink)
wasnt me

i've barely touched the focus repair wise but i've had taureses shift screwy and it was the speed sensor. u need the computer scanned, cant just shoot blind with cars nowadays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech