Ford Forums banner

Need info, Extractors

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Martin 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have a bit of money saved, and was talking to the teacher at Tafe, he said the EA-ED head was designed by Yamaha, and the exhaust manifold by Ford, which choked it up. The Teach said extractors are the best thing for the cross flow head, for improved performance and economy.

Wanting to know the average price of New extractors, and if second hand are any good, what should i look for?

Can anyone with extractors back my teachers statement on Extractors

#3 ·
i thought ford did the ea- heads. the xf unleaded heads were done by someone else (think it was honda) and then ford had a go themselves with the ea on.

i prefer pacemakers. which are $299 at superplus (www.superplus.com.au)

hm's and genie seem to be very good as well. i think they are more expensive though.
extractors are definatly better than standard in most cases.

#4 ·
Yeah, i found the pacemaker extractors and 2 1/2" sports exhaust made a huge difference to top end and fixed my cars thirst for fuel. Gotta reset yer computer tho, as i found out a month later :)

Brent

#5 ·
i looked at that side where the hell are the pacemakers i can't find them ??

G
#8 ·
Superplus sell the pacemaker extractors for the EA for $275 in the parts peddler mag, so you can get them there.

Just make sure you quote the magazine cos they might only put that cheap a price in there ;-)

I'm thinking about getting a set for my car at that price, locally the best I can get the exhaust place down to is $365

#10 ·
With extractors well on my car anyway (3.9 cfi) there was no major bottom end improvement. There was a significant increase in mid range after 60 and in the top end is where the benefits are truly 'felt'. You will notice your car will be allot more free-revving as well and some fuel economy benefits if you don't thrash the crap out of the car.

#13 ·
My old extractors had cracked down in the pipe cluster (6 years old) so I've just had Pacemaker "Race Series" extractors fitted and I've noticed a definite increase in power and an improvement in fuel economy.

I don't know what type the old ones were but they were 2-3-1 type ones whereas these new ones are 3-2-1. I never did notice any improvement in power or economy when the original ones went on - but the difference with the new ones is definitely noticeable.

#15 ·
All Crossflow means is that the intake is on one side of the head, the exhaust on the other. Should be easy to see when you open the bonnet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.