Ford Forums banner

needing EXTRACTORS

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ChuBBz 
#1 ·
Hey guys..

Ive been doing some shopping for my ef ford fairmont I6..
and im not sure if this sounds right....
500 bucks for mild steel Extractors (Midas)... getting jibbed yeh?

Does anyone know where i can get some Extractors (stainless steal is preferrable) in Melbourne... at a reasonably cheap price??? i've ready got the 2 1/2 inch cat back system.. just looking for that little extra power. (Shhh dont tell insurance. lol)

ChuBBz

#4 ·
There will be a slight increase in power. I think the best option would be to get a high flow cat with the extractors and fit a unichip or similar to get the most out of the modifications (throw in K&N filter while your at it)

I wanted to fit a set of Pacemaker extractors with a high flow cat to my EFII Fairmont I6 as well. I wanted them ceramically coated and fitted. Midas in Sydney quoted me around $900 for the lot but if you take away the ceramic coating and fitting you might get away with it for around $600 I think. But I remember the Pacemake extractors I wanted at the time (2 months ago) would cost me $350 unfitted.

Hope this helps and good luck in extracting more horses out of the Fairmont Ü

#6 ·
Thanks PEGASUS for your help.. the uni chip and all the rest will come one day in the future lol... if my pocket suddenly explodes one day. LOL

Thanks Kelli!!! Im browsing the site now but i think theyre too far away outta Melbourne, but ill still look into it. OH and kelli i saw your car at the tickford day.. i was like "OMG OMG!!!" my friends were tripping out lol. ive always read ur posts on the tickford forums back when it wasnt a part of FF.com, and ive visited your webpage so i know alot about your car.. BTW your new 3inch exhaust sounds MINT! Just waiting for it to be supercharged huh? lol

Anyways Thnx for the extractor advice...

Is there anyone out theyre in Melbourne know where i can go?

ChuBBz

http://www.fordforums.com/gallery/index.php?photo=322

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.