noisy front end - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2001, 15:24   #1 (permalink)

noisy front end

g'day a few weeks back i was out giving my auxr6 a good workout on some twisty roads when i picked up a knocking noise in front suspension. happens on hard left cornering/braking took it to ford they said it was from the top ball joints not being greased enough. they said they fixed it but it's still there. anyone else had similar probs also clunk in gearbox/diff?
jimmantgaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2001, 16:26   #2 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

not really sure on au's id go over all the bolts myself & tighten em up......
My EDXR8 doesnt even have grease nipples on the upper/lower ball joints!!!!!!!!!!!!!! True as god...
Talk about ripped off!!!!!!!! Do the au's have em or were they just have'n ya (sorry mate)
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 18:12   #3 (permalink)

to svo302 it's still under warranty so there not ripping me off just yet, i had a bit of a look couldn't see any nipples either, but mechanic said they pack grease into em from the factory also found out my front shocks are leaking getting new ones free.while there changing the shocks i'm getting a set of lowered king springs 25mm all round are they any good or what.
jimmantgaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 19:37   #4 (permalink)
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member

Try looking at your wheel balances. Mine catch on the spindle under 3/4 lock or more.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 20:17   #5 (permalink)
Australian Member

Hey I've had that nice knocking sound from my front end too before and it has squeaked. Hmm it happens sometimes and comes and goes. Especially after going fast and not being able to avoid those nastey POT HOLES. What is our 3 X 3 fuel levy going? And all those speeding fines? I am sure that the government is pocketing this money just to the fact, that they can say we are in a Surplus this year.

Will
Black S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 13:21   #6 (permalink)
blackXR6

The clunk in the diff is the neverending LSD problem. Best of Luck!!!! It goes on forever.
Old 07-29-2001, 21:00   #7 (permalink)
Binary

To blackxr6, about the clunking LSD. I too had that problem in my EF XR6. Ford chnaged the oil for Castrol 75 / 140 LSD Diff oil. Haven't had that noise again 60,000 Kms.
Old 08-03-2001, 19:40   #8 (permalink)
the_mighty_ford_person

YES!!!

it used to happen to me all the time! it was just SHOCKING! it's pretty much gone now cuz i had my suspension redone. the only thing that's bothering me is a clunk when i turn the steering wheel off centre to the left... gotta have that looked at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech