Noisy Tremec - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2003, 08:52   #1 (permalink)

Noisy Tremec

G'day all,

As some of you know, I got my new BA XR8 on Friday.
Been AWESOME!!! Great CAR!!!

Here's the slight issue... When I engage a gear, I can hear a clunk sound comming from the (maybe) gearbox... Wasnt there for the last couple of days... started today for no apparent reason... was wondering if anyone knew what it might be...

Its not the nose I was told about at ford during idling... dont have that sound... but this one is bugging me a little...

cheers....
BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint, Momo Steering, Momo Shifter, Leather, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Premium Brakes, 20" X 8.5" HP Hekitk Wheels. Herrod Lowering Springs and Chip, Brad Garlic Reprogramme, NO REAR SPOILER.
Kawasaki ZX 10R, Lime Green. 0-100kms/hr 2.8 sec, 0-160kms/hr in under 5.5 sec. 0-400m 9.4 sec. First gear sees you to 185kms/hr. THE CHAMP IS HERE!
Kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2003, 12:32   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like possibly the clutch is dragging. If so it will cause a good clunk just as the hub engages. Give it a few days to wear the fur off the clutch plate (if the run around the PG didn't do that already.) That may help. BA clutches are not adjustable, so if you are lucky, it will come good. It may also be the driveline clunk in the diff carried over from the previous model.
Old 03-11-2003, 16:38   #3 (permalink)

Is it a clunk or a crunch
Old 03-12-2003, 06:51   #4 (permalink)

clunk!! and its still annoying...
BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint, Momo Steering, Momo Shifter, Leather, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Premium Brakes, 20" X 8.5" HP Hekitk Wheels. Herrod Lowering Springs and Chip, Brad Garlic Reprogramme, NO REAR SPOILER.
Kawasaki ZX 10R, Lime Green. 0-100kms/hr 2.8 sec, 0-160kms/hr in under 5.5 sec. 0-400m 9.4 sec. First gear sees you to 185kms/hr. THE CHAMP IS HERE!
Kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech