Odometer Solution. (For anyone thats interested) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2002, 03:54   #1 (permalink)
'91 EB 'S' Pack

Thumbs up Odometer Solution. (For anyone thats interested)

Greetings, a few days ago i posted a thread regarding my odometer that has stopped. After removing the dash, and pulling appare the dash completely, i found out that it was simply a small cogg (approx 4mm in diameter) that had been stripped. Also while fidgeting around, i found that it is quite simple to turn back the kms on the odometer. Is this normal? Should it not be more secure, because after doing this once, i could easily remove the dash and turn back the kms to whatever i pleased in just minutes. Anyway, if anyone wants to know anything about what is behind the dash / how to get in there, i know pretty much everything about it now... btw i have a 91 EB S Pack.

Anyways, thanx for all ya help, ill try and get a cogg for it, anyone know where to get one?

Cheers,
Gavin Kennedy
kaeser_sosae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2002, 12:47   #2 (permalink)

Gav, thanks for the info. If everyone did that, we would have a nice little repairs database.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:18   #3 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

I managed to get that small cog for mine from an instrument specialties place in Salisbury......but that has no benefit for you.....

Try finding an instrument repairs joint near you

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 02:58   #4 (permalink)
rdela

Thanks Gavin,

You have probably solved my odometer problem!

Regards

Rob
Old 10-13-2002, 05:52   #5 (permalink)
eafalcon.com member

how to get inside the dash. I have taken it out of the dashboard and have removed all wires. I want to get inside and lubricate the speedo as it sometimes gets stuck(tap the dash and it works fine). can you please tell me how to get inside the thing.

thanx man

Jason

never late in a V8

comming soon
K&N air filter
XR8 intake snorkle
High flow exhaust/cats/hm headers
Clear front & side indicators
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 09:20   #6 (permalink)
'91 EB 'S' Pack

okies
there are 3 screws at the top of the clear glass on the black plastic that surrounds the clear glass. Take them out. Then on the right hand side of steering wheel where you have the buttons to open the boot and fuel thing, take them out then there is a screw in the hole that goes into the black bit of plastic that surrounds tha dash. Okies, then on the left, same deal, cept you prolly dont have buttons, just a spot where ou can put buttons, do the same thing there...
ok now the black plastic should come off, then you got 2 screws (very visible) at the bottom of the clear plastic that covers your instruments. and two at the top, take those 4 out and theres your dash, there is 2 plugs at the back of the dash that need removing before you can take the dash anywhere, these are just clipped in, hard to explain, i should have taken pictures, but you should be able to feel your way behind there, dont worry about pulling any wires off, they are pretty strong, its really only 1 big plug on the back that supplies all the wires to the dash. From there you should be able to get the dash to bits, easy from there! Oh, and you prolly have to drop your steering wheel as low as it goes, and pull it forward to remove the dash, it looks like it wont come out, but it does, trust me!
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Gavin Kennedy
Old 10-13-2002, 09:25   #7 (permalink)
'91 EB 'S' Pack

oh shit, im really sorry,

i didnt read your message properly... I thought you wanted to know how to get it out...sorry, my mistake, after re-reading your message properly (lol) i see what you are asking.

well, you need to take out ALL VISIBLE SCREWS, and those nuts on the back of the dash. then everything should fall nicely onto your bench

:)

soz about big message before.

Cheers,
Gavin Kennedy
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech