Ford Forums banner

Offset of AU rims.

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  AJ's XR 
#1 ·
OK peoples, who can tell me with the correct offset that an aftermarket wheel, or even factory wheel for that matter should have to fit an AU falcon??. Just curious you know.

#4 ·
XR8SAM, be careful that you compare apple-to-apples.

Offset is related to wheel width as it is measured as the offset relative to the centre of the wheel. What is usually kept constant, to avoid interference with brake and suspension components, is the wheel backspacing. Backspacing is half the wheel width plus offset (refer diag below).

A 6", 7" or 8" wheel may all be suitable for say a Falcon as they have the same backspacing but they will all have different offsets. Sorry don't know that for an AU either but apparently AU offset is 38-40mm geater than pre-AU. Hence the need for spacers to fit factory AU rims to E-series or earlier.

#5 ·
I should probably clarify that I'm uncertain whether or not a manufacturer has used the correct offset for the rims that I've purchased, they are stating that 30mm is the offset used for AU falcons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.