Oil pressure gauge in AU XR6 pegged! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2003, 20:36   #1 (permalink)
BOFH

Oil pressure gauge in AU XR6 pegged!

So there I was, driving along doing 60 when I glance at the gauges and the oil pressure is pegged to maximum! STOP very fast and it goe's back down to it's normal position. Drive off slowly heading straight home and as I'm pulling into the driveway it does it again. Were talking at idle now!
Straight on to the phone to New Oak Ford and talk to the mechanics. They said that the AU's suffered with bad earthing on some of the gauges causing them to max out for a while.

Has anyone else come across this or do I have a serious problem with my engine? It's under warrenty so it's going in on Tuesday to be fixed but I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar problems?

Cheers,

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2003, 21:01   #2 (permalink)
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard

No problems at all with mine. New Oak Ford eh? My baby gets looked after by them too. Not too bad service I must say though sometimes prices for parts may be a little ex.
HOTDBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 21:26   #3 (permalink)
EXPERIENCED XR8 FANATIC

yeh i have a au series 1 xr8 and had similar problems. i have had all the so called ford fixes done and i still have the occasional gremlin with the oil pressure gauge. ford tested the engines oil pressure and found no problems. so i have grown to live with the problem. pisses you off a little, but at the end of the day it doesn't effect the way my baby goes and i just turn a blind eye when i see the needle nudging the red zone.

5 speed xr8 ,silouette in colour,17in tickford 5 spokes , momo steering wheel and momo gear knob. twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust with race magnum mufflers. custom stereo system.
DXR88U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 19:28   #4 (permalink)
Drive it like u stole it

Guys, suffered the same problem to my AU1 XR8, got to talking to an ex-Ford Tech. As mention before its an earthing problem. Poped the bonnet and found that the wire shielding and clip going to the oil pressure sender had warped and melted due to heat. To solve the problem we cleaned the wire and connection surfaces, applied heatshrink to the wire(available from Dicky Smith shops) and replaced the clip, I use a blue clip similar to that used on speaker connection. The problem has not resurfaced yet, and was a hell of lot cheaper than getting Ford to look at it due to my vehicle being out of warranty.
00Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech