Ford Forums banner

One downside to wagons

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  XR_Strider_GuY 
#1 ·
Seat covers... The fronts aren't a problem, but what do i do about the rear seat?? I know that i will need to get 60/40 split covers, but is there anyway to get around the uglyness that is the boot side of them?? would i need mummy to make back sections for them???

HELP!!!!!

Chris:slug: :slug: :slug:

#4 ·
FTEfan, i know u can get specific wagon covers, but im still yet to find any in my area... that look good, and the shop owners crack it when i try and take em out :p

how about having a front and a back made of material (duh) and then the sides in elastic, so the just grip the seat... tie em to the base... IM SET!!!

What do we all think??

Chris

#7 ·
hey my ex ahd an EL Gli wagon, and she just had a blanket draped over the back of the seat, and on the base they were under the baby seat so no baby muck could get in the seat. um, not the bestest look, but its functional - and if ya want tie elastic to the blanket and under the seat so it doesnt move

#8 ·
Its an option that for sure... I was thinking, if i was to do that i would get mum (Yes mum) to sew up some of those felt / fleese blankets u can get.

I wanna be careful, coz stations wagons, while being rarer and cooler, still have the family car tag. blankets wouldn't help that...

Still, its an option

chris

#9 ·
You could always hide the back of the seat with 2 bigass subwoofers like I have. hehe

#16 ·
au2 - yeah well, I have to have an excuse for being beat off the mark by certain au2's don't I ;-)

eb - yeah, I guess I did hve a bit too much time on my hands a couple of years back...at least the gf can appreciate nice sound hehe =]

madnc - thanks mate, it's been a labour of love for sometime - always wanted to have a big system, from my old setup in an 86 corolla.

Cheers,
Steve

#17 ·
dcstraight,

Your definitly not mucking around on the stereo side of things. I like the quality installation of it all, very tidy.

With the wagon i had i just kept stereo upgrades to the bare minimum with just a head unit change upgraded to the Ford Mid series stereo from an EL.

#18 ·
XR-Strider - Yeah, I figured I'll go a bit crazy on the wagon, as I decided she was in for the 'longhaul' (no pun intended!) =]. Must admit though, a 5 speed xr is always a thought in the back of my mind =[

Cheers,
Steve

PS, What's the latest with your old EF 5 speed wagon ?

#19 ·
dcstraight said:

PS, What's the latest with your old EF 5 speed wagon ?
Yeah the wagon is going along nicely, dad has taken over it as his car again. I basically don't drive it anymore.

It had abit of a miss in the engine recently but it was diagnosed as a faulty plug, now it's going great.
Perhaps the only slight issue is the timing chain and guide is getting abit noisy when compared with a newer engine. Might look into it when i have some time on my hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.