Ford Forums banner

Pacemaker Extractors worth it ?

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  thehat 
#1 ·
** Brand New ** Pacemaker Extractors to suit EA, EB, ED, EF, EL and AU 6 Cylinder Falcon on Ebay for $280 + $20 postage

what do you reckon worth it or could I get some In Perth where I live cheaper and installed ?

#4 ·
Yep, go for it... i have a set of pacemakers and i think they r great! Paid $365 for them..

Brent

#5 ·
shite yeah go for it I have Pacemakers on my car and I am far more than impressed so do it, do it, DO IT now u know u want to

#7 ·
How do u know? Have u tested it with extractors???

Brent

#8 ·
Hey.. just wondering something in relation to this.. I've been looking at extractors, and I have been told that ones made with Mild steel have a tendancy to rust and bits break off and fly through the cat. converter and destroy it. Unfortuanatly, Stainless are around $670 (new, haven't gone to a wrecker or anything, yet), as compared with around $370 for Mild steel.

A new cat. converter would be around $300 as well, so if these rumours are true, I guess Ill spend $670 either way :)

James

#9 ·
Mild steel should last around 10 years. The life of a catalytic converter is about the same. So, if you get stainless now, you pay $670. If you go mild, you pay $370. Either way, in 5 years time (depending on car age etc), you will be up for $200 or 300 for a new cat anyway. In 10 years time, you will probably need new extractors (as the mild steel will/may have rusted). Will you have the car in 10 years? If not, do you care if the extractors rust?

Go mild steel unless you own a bank, or you want to keep the car for 10 years.

#10 ·
In relation to the original post, $280, plus $20 = $300. How much do you reckon you can get them fitted for. Labour is between 90 and 120 minutes (ie about $100 - $130) depending on who does it.

I'd go for the exhaust place if you can get them for around the $400 mark. You will get full warranty etc from the installer, which you may not get if they're just putting on parts that you supply.

I just paid $420 for mine (fitted), and I am extremely happy with them - both for what they do for the car, and for the service I got from the guys doing the installation! And no, I do not work for a muffler place, I am a public servant.

#11 ·
In relation to extractors, i had a set of genie extractors on my XD 250 X-Flow, and the extractors were mild steel and used to always crack at the join of two pieces of the extractors (they were 6-2-1 extractors and cracked where the 2 came into 1). That happened with in about a year and a half of having them. Is this a common thing? Or just a once off? Because im in the market for extractors, and i would buy stainless steel if it meant i didnt have to weld up the crack in my extractors ever year or so

#12 ·
stainless steel is more prone to cracking if the grade of stainless is second rate because stainless steel does not like to be heated up and cooled down constantly, mild steel is a much mre forgiving material when it come to thermal load capablilitys.
the main reasons people go for stainless is cos it dosent rust and dosent really need much attention to look good (just apolish every month to keep it looking its best).in reality stainless should only be used in the mufflers and tips on a street car and is not worth the money with a full stainless exhaust/extractors on a car which is daily driven.

MIGHTY NA- cracks in the extractors only occur when the exhaust is not properly suspended under the car(ie. not enough mounts on the exhaust) so what happens is that your extractors have to hold up the weight of ur exhaust -which is something extractors are not designed to do.
i had this problem with a set of motorvators (the exhaust only had one mounting point on it so after 7 months of driving the extractors broke.
my pacemakers have not had this prob as i got a complete new exhaust with all factory mounting points re-installed

#14 ·
i got mine for 305$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.