Originally Posted by rod
if these windows are going into a street car you may have enother problem as i belive all windows on cars have to have some ADR markings on them
Rod is 100% right there:
"Transparent material used in a windscreen, window or interior
partition of a motor vehicle manufactured after June 1953,
must have the characteristics required by any of the
• Australian Standard AS 2080-1977, AS 2080-1983 or AS 2080-1995
• Economic Commission for Europe R-43/00
• British Standards Institution BS AU178-1980
• Japanese Industrial Standard JIS R 3211-1979, JIS R 3211-1985 or JIS R 3211-1992
• American National Standard ANSI Z26.1-1980
• New Zealand NZ 5443-1987."
There are plenty of other ways to get some weight off - have a look at the article on the XY Super Falcons in issue 12 of Australian Muscle Car mag.
There are loads of good clues there for cars wanting to diet :-)
How does a full race, Clevo powered XY weighint 1414kg sound? (Factory XY GT was 1575kg I think)