Ford Forums banner

Pics for Aussie Pete

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jase_ELXR8 
#1 ·
Pete here's the pics you requested yesterday. Note that they are both made by HM headers. The 4into1's are built by ford specs and the other by HM. The 4 into 1's the primary pipes are too big (42mm i think from memory) which slows down the air speed and make you lose some bottom end. The cats are also to close. The 4-2-1's have a smaller primary i think it was 38mm or something i'll have to measure it. But there is still no restriction, faster air speed through the pipe which creates a larger vacuum. They give you more low and mid range. I also got better fuel efficiency and a better exhaust note. Dyno results will be posted in a week or two.

#3 ·
Thanks. I think I have convinced Mick Webb to post photos of the entire AU system as well, so can't wait. Also eagerly awaiting your dyno results!

#4 ·
Aussie Pete said:
Thanks. I think I have convinced Mick Webb to post photos of the entire AU system as well, so can't wait. Also eagerly awaiting your dyno results!
Pete,
Those headers there are the same ones for the AU. I'm not sure what the rest of HM system is like. I think it has one muffler and one resonator. I have spoken to the guys at HM a bit over the past week or so and they know their stuff, i'm sure if you get their complete system it will perform...

Mick,
If you dont have a digital camera, i can scan the photo's and post them up for you. I going to come see you tonight anyways....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.