Ford Forums banner

Pioneer 4200NEX connection issues?

615 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  lordreyrey 
#1 ·
Okay, I am very confused. Hopefully there is an expert tech here on both audio installation and ford vehicles.

Two weeks ago I purchased two Pioneer 4200NEX decks for my two vehicles.. (2008 F-150 and 2010 Mustang.) I installed these in both vehicles, and they both are working perfectly, except for one issue, where my confusion comes from.

The USB2 slot on the Pioneer deck is supposed to auto launch the Android Auto app from my phone. That was the only feature I haven't been able to fix on both vehicles. I did some research, and people say it is about the USB cable, and trying new ones resolves the issue...this did not work for me.

Fast forward to yesterday. I had my Mustang serviced at a repair shop for a couple check engine issues and the AC. On the Mustang I had to use an aftermarket housing for the radio installation, which now uses the radio to control the AC and climate... this was working great for three days, then the AC stopped working, which is why it was at the shop.

This is where I get confused. The shop said they had to reprogram something, the BCM, and the Computer in the vehicle, to recognize the radio so it could control the climate controls of the vehicle. In addition, now that they did whatever they did, the Android Audio connection is working perfectly on the Mustang....

Does this make sense to anyone?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:smile2:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.