Ford Forums banner

Porting prices

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  IIV8II 
#1 ·
G'day all. I'm thinking (ok, I'll end up doing it, but dammit let's hold back here!) about getting some porting done. In particular, I think the upper intake manifold (EL2 / Explorer type) and possibly the lower may benefit from this. Also, a port and polish of the heads isn't out of the question either. So my question is, what should I expect to be paying for these things, and do you lads have any recommendations for places to do it (preferably around North Shore / Hornsby / Pennant Hills area)...

Ta in advance.
Mike

#2 ·
Porting the intake manifold is fairly easy but you will gain a little bit more flow. The intake runners are the area that needs most attention. Unfortunately, there is only one machine I know of that can Extrude Hone the runners and that belongs in Melbourne. It is owned by Ron Harrop (dark side). Basically it is a system where a semi-plastic grit is blown down the runners and ij the process smoothes out the rough cast surface. It is said that intakes can flow up to 20-25% better after Extrude honing. It is a lot cheaper than buying a new better flowing intake system. Whether Harrop has the flanges to do Ford intakes is another question?

#3 ·
Hi Blondie,

Got my heads ported and polished by Tru Bores in mortlake.

Just the porting and polishing cost $400 ($200 each head)
Also got them serviced, pressure tested, new valves, and VRS kit. (all up it cost $1320 incl GST)

I am sure they will do manifolds too.

#5 ·
Mr GTHO said:
Porting the intake manifold is fairly easy but you will gain a little bit more flow. The intake runners are the area that needs most attention. Unfortunately, there is only one machine I know of that can Extrude Hone the runners and that belongs in Melbourne. It is owned by Ron Harrop (dark side). Basically it is a system where a semi-plastic grit is blown down the runners and ij the process smoothes out the rough cast surface. It is said that intakes can flow up to 20-25% better after Extrude honing. It is a lot cheaper than buying a new better flowing intake system. Whether Harrop has the flanges to do Ford intakes is another question?
COME offers a Holden EFI ported intake; maybe they could do a Ford.
Tickford hand-ports teh lower to match the gasket face area onto the heads after they're skimmedfor the 220

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.