Power chips? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2002, 19:11   #1 (permalink)
FPV & XR Club Owners ACT

Question Power chips?

A few questions about the powerchips?

This is the one that I am looking at:
http://au.powerchipgroup.com/chips/chip.asp?cid=For0079

Does it void dealer warranty?

The car will be out of new car warranty in June any way, but the dealer has given me an extended 3 years, that I think is worth shit all anyway.

Will it pump up my insurance?
Already paying 1600 a year, its not easy being under 25

Are they worth it?

Are they illegal?
I know back in the day when the Pulsar GTI-R's where around everywhere, Police where confiscating the boosted up chips. This could be a safety thing, not a law breaking thing?

I have contacted Powerchip with these questions but no reply.

Cheers,
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2002, 19:38   #2 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I will say 1 thing about the powerchip.

2002 Dyno Day - 1995 EF XR6 had an INCREASE at the rear wheels after REMOVING the powerchip. "One Size Fits All" chips are a waste of money.
Old 05-15-2002, 00:30   #3 (permalink)
FPV & XR Club Owners ACT

what do you recommend Keli,?
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 07:46   #4 (permalink)
TS 40

Whats the answer then,ive seen people talk about Uni Chips??? But i dont know anything about them.
StevenAU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 07:53   #5 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I have a unichip.

here is there website.

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au

The unichip is good as it is real time programmed on a dyno to suit the car.

powerchips will not likely void a dealer warranty, as you could just unplug it before you take it to the dealer, and they will never know.
Old 05-22-2002, 18:11   #6 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I emailed powerchip and asked about warranty and insurance issues.

Their reply was that these were not issues because they hide the chip so well, no one can find them!

Now, what does that tell you?

Personally, I'd go with Unichip
Old 05-30-2002, 08:29   #7 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Unichip isn't realy a chip.
Its realy a piggy back computor[e.c.u] that can be programed in real time. Just what ya want!..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 10:44   #8 (permalink)

UNICHIP

I've sent an e-mail to powerchip asking about their product. Ever since I've found out that the chip is not tuned for my car but is only pluged in meaning one chip suit all I decided against it. Since then powerchip is sending me all these e-mails about their product & how I can buy now & save...etc. It means that their product is so crap that they are basicly beging you to buy it.... They promise all but deliver nothing....I would personaly go to UNICHIP since I've been to their shop in Bayswater Victoria & seen the work performed & the cars they work on. I would recomend them to anyone. Powerchip gold cost around $950 & UNICHIP costs around $1100 installed & tuned. UNICHIP offers money back gurantee & Powerchip expects you to prove that the chip does not perform by getting your car dynoed with some special Porche dyno or some crap like that.... It just shows that UNICHIP is more confident about their product & it's quality & Powerchip KNOWS that their product sux & that's why they want all this proof. Just remeber that you get what you pay for
I8AHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech