Ford Forums banner

power econ switch

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  xced 
#1 ·
What does the power/econ switch do on my ute? just change the shift points or does it do more?

#2 ·
It's there to remind you that you should have bought a 5 speed manual :s6: :s5

#4 ·
rolfy72 said:
What does the power/econ switch do on my ute? just change the shift points or does it do more?
As well as the shift points, in power mode the gear kick down of the gears is set to be more urgent as opposed to to economy.

#7 ·
Aussie Pete said:
It's there to remind you that you should have bought a 5 speed manual :s6: :s5
Nah not when theres towing to do and a audio system loud enough to drown out the motor even with the 3" exhaust...my poor old XF 5sp use to get stuck in second coz I couldnt hear or feel it reving its guts out!(no tach)He he he :s6: :s5

#11 ·
AusXH said:
Hey Rolfy72,

Do you notice any difference in fuel consumption between econ and power modes?
yes uses heaps more in power mode. I've been comparing milage between regular and premium ULP, the premium gets around 150km more per tank than the regular ulp.

#12 ·
G'day , in my EF XR8,i found it holds the gears longer and it rev's out further between gear-changes.(auto) In economy it goes to around 4500 rpm,and in power it rev's to 5500 rpm.
Regarding fuel economy,a tank lasts for ages,when the handbrake is in the car,as she has a bad back. By myself,who cares about fuel economy,especially since fitting my new exhaust system,pacemakers and full mandrel bend twin stainless.
OH THAT SWEET SOUND FROM TWIN PIPES.
Regards
Jon::hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.