Power prediction.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2002, 06:18   #1 (permalink)
Stand clear: 5.0 in use!

cool Power prediction....

Ok guys, asking for a few kW predictions!

My EF Ghia had an engine rebuild about 40,000km ago. Basically standard but with a balance, ChipTorque modded ECU and mild Crane cam, type unknown. It has the standard 2.5 inch exhaust with a turbo main muffler and the rear resonator removed. All induction is standard too. It currently dynos at 116-7 rwkW, with a nice flat torque curve. I'm guessing that this translates to around 170-180 kW at the flywheel?

I'd like some educated guesses as to how much power I realistically gain with exhaust/intake mods. I don't want to open up the motor again, bolt on gains only now! It is really starting to pull hard now despite the TALL Ghia diff ratio and I feel it has a fair bit more power hidden away!

What do you guys think? Let the games begin.

Mike

EF Fairmont Ghia, Bordeaux Purple, 5.0 Windsor, Crane cam, ChipTorque modded ECU, full XR bodykit, 16 inch XR8 alloys, 2.5 inch dropped Tickford suspension, full grey leather trim with chrome, woodgrain and lots of lights, climate control, ABS, Premium sound, trip computer, power everything

I can't get enough of this!
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2002, 05:19   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Digging up my old dyno sheets,

EDXR8 Auto Stock 105rwkw
Genie 2 1/2in Exhaust 109rwkw
Genie Extractore with Exhaust 119rwkw
K&N air filter and EL XR8 snorkle 123rwkw

The engine had about 150k on the clock. The air filter and snorkle didn't have a large impact the dyno figures, but throttle response was much better. You won't see any huge gains without changing heads, cam etc.

Also, get hold of a 3.45 ratio diff from an EL XR8 or get 3.73 or 3.9 ratio gears put in yours.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech