Power steering hose again - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2004, 18:00   #1 (permalink)

Power steering hose again

Ive touched on this before,but i need more advice.My hose is leaking where it screws into the back of pump.Now a few of the guys on here said to change the o-rings on the hose(high pressure).Now my mechanic said i need to replace the whole hose,he reckons you cant replace the o- rings.Ford want $298 for the hose and $8 for a new fitting.The guy in the parts dept. at my local ford dealer said they now use a new hose and fitting cause the old ones were crap.He said he thinks their was a recall on the older hoses and fittings but wasnt sure.My mechanic can get a new hose for $130 trade ,but i think it will be the old style one.Now i rung ford and they basically dont want to know .theyve told me to go back to where i bought the car from.Ive got an au2 ute i6 xl 2000. Im out of warranty.When i bought the ute,i asked the salesman to get the power steering checked cos it was low on fluid,this was before i handed over the money,so ive actually got it in writing on the contract to check the fluid.Will that hold any ground with the dealer.I Apologise for the long thread.Thanks guys.
CLARKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2004, 19:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: Power steering hose again

burrsons has steering hoses for $30-150 depending on model give them a ring and similarly autobarn seems to stock the same oparts for the same price. If your in melbourne call prestiege power steering in thomastown, they'll be able to fiz the pipe instead of replacing it
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:40   #3 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Ford sells the Hoses for $70, to suit an ED.
I couldnt see it being much over $100 for an AU.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:04   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Yes we replaced a leaking fitting.It was a ute 6 cyl at work and we had to purchase whole hose & fitting!!!.The fitting push's in with new O ring part of whole assembly.BUT there is a circlip inside that can't be got to that stops you from replacing O ring next time!!....A revenue raising thing....
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:38   #5 (permalink)

Went to the dealer today and the service guy said i havent got a hope in hell.I said to him that when ive been in for previous warranty work ,ive asked them to check it..He said unless work has been carried out ,there wont be a history on the computer about it.I said thats bollocks.He said ford allow certain amount of fluid leaks.lol.If its no more than a teaspoon full they dont touch it,and thats with all fluids.(oil ,coolant tranny,brake).Got home ,rung ford ,they rung the dealer and its booked in on wednesday for them to assess it.The girl at ford said the same as the service guy,but cos i bought it from a ford dealer they will look in to it .See how it goes.cheers.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:02   #6 (permalink)

Picked it up today .The dealer said its leaking continually.(i know).Ford have offered to pay half of the hose and i pay the rest ,plus labor.Geez thanks guys.Half the hose is $150,and they want $150 labor to put a new hose on .So thats $300 .I can get a non -genuine one for $120.This is a joke.I asked them to fix it under new car warranty, but was told its too minor,now 12 months later its major and im getting all this bollocks.Ford are ringing me back tomorrow .Will see how it goes ,if not off to fair trading i go.
Old 12-19-2004, 00:28   #7 (permalink)

Went to fair trading 6 weeks ago .They sorted it out.17/12/04 got a new hose and fitting off ford.The service manager where i picked the hose up said ford went through all the service records,all that for 300 bucks.He said i was very lucky to get a hose as ford dont hand out parts.Should make them to last in the first place .mugs.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:23   #8 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

Some times I don't know why I support Ford, their customer service is absolute shit. Congrats on getting the work done, it's sad that it took this long and it's even worse that you had to go through Fair Trading.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech