Ford Forums banner

power steering leak

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CLARKEY 
#1 ·
ive got a au2 xl ute i6.Ive got a slight leak coming from the power steering high pressure hose where it goes into the back of the pump.Where the hose screws on to the pump is where its coming out of.Now there is enough to cover my index finger when i wipe it.Now my local ford dealer had a look at it for about 45 mimutes and they couldnt determine where its coming form.ie the hose, pump or o -rings.They said you cant just replace the o-rings.Also its another common problem with the au's.Just had the o-ring on the water pump done for the second time.Cos its out of warranty and they didnt know where it was coming from he suggested a bottle of stop leak would help.Now im not a big fan of additives ,any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
are you anywhere near brisbane? i could take a look if you are.

wipe the pump off nice and clean, esp around the fittings, then start the car and wind the steering lock to lock to lock etc for about 15 seconds, and see if the leak starts - you need to get it to juuuust start leaking, but not enough to run anywhere, so you can see where the leak is from. if its not leaking enough go for a short drive...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.