powerchip or unichip? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2001, 17:14   #1 (permalink)

powerchip or unichip?

I OWN A BLACK 99 XR6 WITH PACEMAKER TUNED LENGTH EXTRACTORS AND 2&1/2 INCH EXHAUST WITH MERCURY MUFFLER AND SINGLE RESONATOR AND HICLONE NOW IT NEEDS A CHIP AND I'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE ABOUT THEIR EXPEREINCES WITH THEIR CHIPS. AFTER STUFFING UP THE EXHAUST I'D LIKE GET IT DONE RIGHT THIS TIME THANKS JIMBO.
jimmantgaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2001, 20:15   #2 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

i havent had much to do with p/chip etc but i have had alot to do with chiptorque & am quite happy with the result have you tried having a chat with them?
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 23:45   #3 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Hi,

I did a lot of research into chips before I got a UniChip in my EDXR8.

The powerchips arent programmable. Simon has a powerchip in his car and he isnt even sure if it makes a difference at all.
http://www.powerchip.com.au

The new chiptorque chips are reprogrammable. But from what I have heard you have to send them away to get reprogrammed. (if this is true - then they arent really programmed to suit your car)
http://www.chiptorque.com.au

The UniChip is fully reprogrammable, and has a lot more parameters that can be adjusted compaired to the chiptorque. Its a bit more expenisve than the chiptorque, but I think it is worth it.
http://www.airpowersystems.com.au

I got an 11kw increase at the rear wheels. My fuel ecconomy has improved a lot, and I have a lot more bottom end.

It takes about 30 mins to reprogram the UniChip. The guys at croydon have reprogrammed mine twice now (both times it was cos I was changing fuel types)

:-)
Kelli S
XR8chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 07:42   #4 (permalink)

Hi svo302

Can you email me findmeto@yahoo.com

Thanks Matt
Matts XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 13:10   #5 (permalink)

thanks xr8chic, that's made my mind up. i was leaning towards the unichip now i can go ahead and do it,can you get by on premium ulp cause we dont get high octane fuel in my little town. rev-on jimbo..
jimmantgaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 20:45   #6 (permalink)
Australian Member

of course you can.
You can get the chip tuned for what ever octane rating you want. Just fill up the car a couple of days before hand with what you want to use.

Kelli I beleive that Silverwater Autosports do reporgram Chiptorque chips. My friend is looking at getting his done when he gets a new exhaust. and its a crappydore.

Will
Black S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 12:32   #7 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Black S, sorry to hear about your friends misfortune. Must be hell owning a Holden.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. I have had a Unichip fitted, and yes it does make a difference to power, economy and low down acceleration. Not to mention if you keep on adding performance bits to your beastie, you can get it reprogrammed everytime you do.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 16:46   #8 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Hi,

I did a bit more research into ChipTorque chips the other night...

The new reprogammable chips have to be sent away to chiptorque headquarters in QLD to get a new program loaded into them.

From what I understand, the chip is taken out of the car, and sent to QLD with a dyno print out, they make the program, load it and send it back.

:-)
Kelli S
XR8chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 22:32   #9 (permalink)

I agree with what XR8Chic said, get UNICHIP or you could find someone who deals in EEC Tuning, or even buy your own EEC tuner and do it yourself (youll obviously need to know exactly what your doing though)

Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech