Ford Forums banner

Pretty Colors

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TOX|C 
#1 ·
I know im bringing up a topic that has had more post than Minge's Car... but anyway...

Neon tubes. Under the dash.

Its simple enough, and i know how im wiring it in etc. Im just wondering where everyone else who has done this has put them... exactly.. Above or below the steering column etc.

Pics would be great too.

Chris

#3 ·
Yagz - I agree, but it's his car and if he wants to "rice" it up to look like a Subie or a Mitsu, then that's up to him! Personally, I couldn't think of anything that would destroy your night vision quicker than a neon light inside the car.

#4 ·
I dont think neon lighting at your feet is overly rice, rice is a neon stuck to the topof the rer windscreen (seems to be all the rage in commo's around Bundy lately) Im thinking of installing green neon lighting which illuminates your foot area as i think this would be cool (but noth in the same leagur as blue neon washer jets :p:p)

#5 ·
Well, what it is.. is i have a Head unit with a bright blue screen, so it would blend in. But they are only piss ant 200mm neons anywayz, so they wont nuke my vision...

Besides... comes in handy if ya drop something in the footwells at night :) :p

Im gonna wire it into the baclight illumination (In the HU Loom, coz my head dont use it) but have a switch in there so that they will come on automatically when my side lights go on... provided the switch is on... make sense??

#6 ·
TOX|C said:
Well, what it is.. is i have a Head unit with a bright blue screen, so it would blend in. But they are only piss ant 200mm neons anywayz, so they wont nuke my vision...

Besides... comes in handy if ya drop something in the footwells at night :) :p

Im gonna wire it into the baclight illumination (In the HU Loom, coz my head dont use it) but have a switch in there so that they will come on automatically when my side lights go on... provided the switch is on... make sense??
Just a peice of advice.

Are you aware you completly loose your privacy when driving around at night? IE. you sitting in your car stand out like dogs balls, because your actually glowing?

#7 ·
Well, i put em in this morning...

Basically, there was to much cocking around involved for me to tap in to the backlight HU wire, especially in 34 degree heat!

So they are just coming off of the ciggy lighter...

btw Fairlane boy, i thought about the whole privicy thing, and, i figure, it shouldn't be too bad, as the lights aren't to bright, and project downward, and i rarely do things i dont want people to see, and i have a switch...

*dirty grins*

Im getting a digital camera soon, so expect to see my pride and joy in the showroom soonish..

Thanx guys

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.