Ford Forums banner

Promise it's the last on the topic!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  myxr6 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Cutting straight to the chase - is there any difference in the EF/EL T-Series intake snorkels compared to the AU series intake (snorkels besides the price ??) Have been quoted $55 for EF/EL series whereas word of mouth says the AU series can be picked up for under $30. Anyone know whether I should fork out another $25 to avoid drilling 2 holes to fit the AU series snorkel ?
Oh and it's for an Il6

Thanks,
Steve

#3 ·
Just to clarify things a bit - I Think dcstraight means the AU Series Tickford XR8 Snorkel for his EF-I6

http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mij/Automotive/TickfordSnorkel/TickFordSnorkel.html

Herrod is right though in saying that it wont fit an EF/EL V8

As for the 2 Holes, they weren't really that hard to drill,
as what the Doco said, use a 3mm bit, and drill down only a couple of millimeters.

If you have a drill, and 3mm Drill bit, its honestly about 5 Minutes worth of work to fit.
If it saves you $25 or so Dollars, then buy yourself a new 3mm Bit, and go for the AU version.

Just my 2cents worth.

P.S. you will see much more in terms of gains fitting cold air induction, from the bottom of the airbox, routed to the front air dam of the car.
I can't do this (properly), as the ABS sensor on the EF is directly under the Airbox, and my front Air Dam holes have cornering Lamps in them, and the Front Radiator duct has the Airconditioning thing there ! :eek:o1:

#4 ·
Yes Herrod Motorsport is correct, the TSeries intake tube will not fit on an ESeries car, the bends and mounting points are not right. I learnt the hard way.

The best intake tube to go for is the EF-EL XR8 tube which happens to be the same on as the EL GT. :s6:

Part number is: EFTVE 9A624 A and i picked it up for $36.93.

#5 ·
I just fitted the AU XR8 snorkel to my EFII Fairmont a few weeks ago after reading Xyphoid's website (great site and great step by step instructions). It connects perfect to the airbox and all you need to do is drill the according holes on the radiator support.

I have noticed the car revs more freely and also noticed a slight improvement in fuel economy. Also the Tickford emblem on the snorkel looks cool. Ü

Go for the AU XR8 snorkel. So many people on the forum have fitted this part to their EF/EL without problems. I was turned off initially when I asked the spare parts guy at my local Ford dealer if it fitted and was told no. But after seeing Xyphoid's article I was convinced it would fit.

#6 ·
Hi lads,

Yeah, I had done some searching back on the forum to see the many topics on the snorkel variances (hence subject name!) and I think I will go for the au series snorkel. I think it's cheaper than the EF/EL snorkel too :) Thanks again !!

Cheers,
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.